Schooltime

Schooltime

A Story by Akira Okihu
"

A little story about school, not one that happened to me, just something I wanted to post.

"

“But it was always there, mister!”


“Now, what do you mean? Am I blind?”


His face was hot red. Lucky for me,there was always Miss Stephman if things got hot. After all, it was not my fault that our teacher was drunk.


“Now sir! I’d never dare to! Just a little take…”

So then,what would he do? His veins began to show and a little shiver went down my spine.


“So you call me drunk? Your teacher? How dare you,you little swine! I could throw you off the window!”


Mocking, this was my weapon. I just couldn’t keep from wondering when will he explode. He raised his index finger between my eyes and reached for a long stick. God knows what he was normally doing with it, but  I was sure that he would hit me.


“No sir! Calm down! I never meant to insult you! How could I know that “a little taken” means drunk? It’s not like we had any English lessons since you moved to our school.”


That was the moment I waited:he melted down. Anyone living two streets away could hear his screams.


“You tell me to calm down? Me? I am your teacher! You call me incapable,when you don’t know what 2+2 is? You swine! Get over here! You need a lesson!”


He reached for my arm and was ready to hit me when Miss Stephman came in,and there’s no wonder she came. After all,he was screaming.


“Mister Philips! When you came to this school you promised integrity and respect. In our school we respect our children as much as we respect our teachers!”


While saying that she grabbed my arm and sent me to my seat. After that she continued here “lesson”.


“And oh my God! You smell of alcohol! What in the name of anything saint is that? And you wanted to hit one of

our brightest students! What do you say in your defense?”


A horrible stench went out of his mouth as he began to talk. The air, which cleaned itself a little while he was silent became infected again. Pointing at me, he began to burn his energy. But, after all, anything he would say would be nothing more than a drunk’s man blabber.


“This animal,this horror of nature, called me blind, drunk and incapable! Say anything in his defense, but I will still stand for his exmatriculation!”


A little grin showed on the face of Miss Stephman. After a little meditation, she pronounced herself:


“Mister Philips, out school no longer requires your services!”


A loud, simultaneous cheer was heard when those words got to our ears. Mister Philips, since he couldn’t keep his mouth shut, began to threaten:


“Alright! But be alarmed! I am the best teacher in the whole country! Dare not to try to take back your words! I resign!”


By the time he closed the door the whole class burst in happiness. Miss Stephman smiled at those words. After all,he was not the only English teacher in our school,and neither the best in the whole country,as he claimed to be. Maybe the drunkest…


That was,from what I recall,the last time I saw Mister Philips.

© 2013 Akira Okihu


Author's Note

Akira Okihu
So what do you think? Feel free to check my blog for more projects.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on October 17, 2013
Last Updated on October 17, 2013
Tags: School, Fiction, Violence, Anger, Wrath, Fun, Insult

Author

Akira Okihu
Akira Okihu

Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania



About
I am a writer... It is hard for me to describe myself, so I let my words describe me. more..