BOILED part 2

BOILED part 2

A Story by alan khan

"Yes i think you have." I put down my drink and quickly head toward the door. Only for his butler of sorts to cut me off. I said nothing. Nothing needed to be said. Only quietly looked at him from under my brow. This wasn't a look i perfected, it was something i had done since i was a kid. This silent glare normally did the trick but on him, as i was not surprised to find, did nothing. 
"son," the major's voice rose a bit. the authority the volume carried forced me to listen, "sit." i slowly turned, not showing the entirety of my back to the butler, and found a chair. "you're trapped. not by me, cause i'll tell ya i'm trapped too. know what i might be referring to?"
he must have been talking about our alien visitors. "not even a clue."
"i'm talking about the goddamn amphibians that landed here less then a decade ago and started implementing in us all their lights and gears. people removing limbs so that these...what do they call them Winston?"
"psybernetics."
"that. and people are just plugging these hideous pieces of machinery into themselves without a thought at all to what it means to be human. they've changed the landscapes and our city skies and made our lands barren wastelands and-"
"stop. i've had enough of that. whatever moving speech you had prepared and waiting for me won't amount to a goddamn thing. i'm not trying my hand at murder for you."
"Stone, you and i both know, you're no stranger to death. and to causing that death. hell you eased into our conversation easier when i brought up the subject of the war.  and if you think you can walk through this goddamn life avoiding what you're good at you've never been more wrong. the shape of our society now doesn't allow it. lines have begun to blur son."
he was right. but i wasn't about to give him such goddamn satisfaction. i fixed my self in the chair, settling in. i shook off my coat to let the last few drops of rain fall to the floor, digging my wet shoes into the tile. the butler of sorts stood close behind but i've been close enough for long enough to realize he ain't so fast. he might've been, once, but neither of the men in this room were enough for me. the 'major' was all speeched out and i cut him off enough times to rattle his pre planned approach to this meeting. i own the room. "explain the job. quickly. concise facts. no more goddamn monologues."

© 2013 alan khan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on August 5, 2013
Last Updated on August 5, 2013
Tags: sci fi, noir, crime, fun, conversation

Author

alan khan
alan khan

Mint Hill, NC



About
I'm Alan Khan. more..

Writing
shiver shiver

A Poem by alan khan