Eggs in the morning when not fighting a war.

Eggs in the morning when not fighting a war.

A Story by alan khan
"

Very very short

"
He laid back, his head forcefully resting on his winter pillow, and his mind buzzed. He hated artists, hated sentiment, hated ideas, hated pettiness.. he hated existence it seemed and hated most that his grievances made him seem sophomoric. He longed to have annoyances that made him seem burdened by it all, that made his soul seem so much primordial than a soul could be. He wanted to breath in the ancient smoke of the earth and exhale misunderstood brilliance. Such was the weight his ego carried.
He sat up, breathed in the air that was right in front of him, and exhaled a laugh. He didn’t really hate anything at all. And he had to stop thinking he did. He had beaten his ego and locked it away years ago, in his mercy he let it live. Perhaps now was the time to hold an execution. He shook his head at himself for thinking nearly this much about himself, laughed at the metaphors he crafted around himself, and let himself fall asleep. He woke the next day and had eggs.

© 2014 alan khan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

386 Views
Added on February 27, 2014
Last Updated on February 27, 2014
Tags: Ego

Author

alan khan
alan khan

Mint Hill, NC



About
I'm Alan Khan. more..

Writing
shiver shiver

A Poem by alan khan