Apocalypse Journal (Survivor Two)

Apocalypse Journal (Survivor Two)

A Story by AlaricMG
"

Another survivior in my Apocalypse Journal.

"

 

 

 

My education in sociology is useless now, for there are no more societies to study. Here in Greeley there is only me and the packs of wild dogs. There may be people in other cities, but I have not ventured far. Perhaps, in the summer, when the weather is better, I will. It's been snowing rather frequently, so I've holed up in a house owned by dead people. It was...disturbing to haul out their bodies and bury them. But they didn't deserve to be abandoned in a field somewhere while I took residence in their house. No one deserved the indignity of being left where they died. But it would be impossible for me to try and bury them all. Besides, the pained looks on their faces would be too much to bare.

 

If you are reading this you may wonder who I am. Before everything went to hell my name was Alaric, a student at the University of Northern Colorado. I lived in the dorm and I was doing well, until Sleep hit and everyone started contracting the illness. All except me. I have a theory as to why I didn't catch it, but I'm sure any doctor would tell you it's ridiculous. I have diabetes and I think the disease just wouldn't let Sleep into my body. It's ludicrous, I know. But it's the only explanation I can fathom. Unfortunately, I am still going to die eventually. I have scoured Greeley for insulin and needles and have twenty-three bottles. It'll last me a while, but I am determined to leave before it runs out. To Denver, I think.

© 2008 AlaricMG


Author's Note

AlaricMG
Alaric is pretty much me, though I don't go to the University of Northern Colorado. At one point I did live in Greeley though and I am interested in sociology. The part about diabetes is also true, lol. I'm thinking I might use this journal for Nanowrimo.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on September 26, 2008
Last Updated on September 26, 2008

Author

AlaricMG
AlaricMG

Spokane, WA



About
I've been writing for about seven years now and I'm hoping to be published someday. Gosh I hate these sort of things. Anyway, my friends say I'm good, but they just might be doing that to spare my fee.. more..

Writing