A Plan of Rescue

A Plan of Rescue

A Story by "Aleeza"

The most Amazing thing that stuck out to me during my study so far was God’s plan of Rescue… So many times, we read scripture over and over, but that 50th time is when you get it. Ephesians 1:3-4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms. For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. So, right there was His plan of rescue. Before the foundation of the world, before Adam and Eve ever desired to sin, God had a plan of Redemption. We may never have certain questions answered, but what we do know is that He had a plan to rescue you from sin and death before you were ever born. God’s plan of redemption was fulfilled the day His Only Son died on that cross for us.


It says in Philippians 2:6-8 Who, existing in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to cling to, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death�"even death on a cross…. Now, that’s love. God’s never-ending, everlasting, steadfast love for us is un-measurable. Just relish in the knowing that no matter what you do in your life, no matter how horrible it is: God’s love for you never ceases...  Your act of sin did not break God’s covenant with you. To believe we are included in that steadfast love requires us to walk in it as well. When we receive forgiveness in Christ, we then know how to forgive, when we receive His love, we know how to love. We may not be able to rescue one another as Christ has rescued us, but we can love one another as Christ loves us, and through the act of love and the art of forgiveness God delivers His plan of rescue.


Not too long ago I was in Tennessee with a friend who took us to a place called: Clingmans Dome. I believe it is one of the highest points of the Smoky Mountains. I stood up there astonished at the beauty God has created. As I stood there freezing, staring off at the beautiful canvas, I began to shed a few tears. It was in that moment that I felt that rescuing in my spirit. I was no longer a victim of abuse, I was no longer just some un-educated girl. I was a child of the Most High God standing in all of His Glory! I was a woman who has been rescued from the snares of the enemy, from the daggers of hurtful people and from the self-loathing I developed over the years. I was free and I felt free. Ever since that day, even with arrows flying at me, I have hungered for more of Him.


Now, with that said: I must walk that out every day. So, even when I feel down, I must pray and get in His word. I must not waver in my thoughts or allow others to dictate my actions. I desire to humble myself before the One who rescued me and surrender all I have and all that I am. Even when I am afraid, afraid of what others would think, afraid of what I think of myself. I must remind myself that He that is in me is Greater than he that is in the world. Christ humbled Himself in complete surrender to the Father when He sacrificed His life for you and me and there could never be any greater display of love than that. Through God’s plan before the world began, we have been rescued.

© 2018 "Aleeza"


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on May 24, 2018
Last Updated on May 24, 2018

Author

"Aleeza"
"Aleeza"

PA



About
I have a tremendous passion to share my heart with anyone who is willing to listen. I write about the experiences I've lived throughout my life before and after accepting Christ. Everything I have wr.. more..

Writing
Undone Undone

A Story by "Aleeza"