IS CHRIST ENOUGH?

IS CHRIST ENOUGH?

A Story by "Aleeza"

There are times when our hearts don’t know their need for Christ. Especially when are not desperate, or broken. We don’t approach His word with expectant, faith-filled, repentant hearts. We aren’t hungry enough for Jesus.

Sometimes, without even realizing it we become so confident in our salvation that we tend to slack on our time in the word, in prayer, in fellowship, etc. Or, we become satisfied with the things of THIS world that our eyes become filled with everything but Christ. At times our hearts will long for influence, power, money, and earthly security more than the treasures of heaven. We look to others to set the mood. Loud drums or a moaning from within the worship team or congregation will then set off an emotional outburst, or a renewed excitement within us.

That has been my experience in the past. I'm sure it's been all of our experiences throughout our Christian walks. I'm not in any way saying that creative worship isn't necessary, but distraction from worship comes from a heart distracted from God. When done well, music, creativity, lighting, projection, can help us visualize the glory of God in new ways if that's what we long for. They can help us see what heaven may be like. Heaven will have sights and sounds that are unlike anything we’ve ever imagined, but I stand to question: Do we need it? If that's what it takes to get us excited to worship, then is Christ all we need?

Are we looking for the outward performance of others to "usher in the Spirit" I'll admit that I have struggled with that phrase because His word says that His spirit already dwells within me.
2 Tim 1:14, 1 Cor 3:16, Rom 8:9-22, Gal 2:20, When you became a child of God, when you first believed in Christ, you also received "The Gift" which is the Holy Spirit. So everything we do as believers is done in the spirit.

A couple weeks ago I heard this song in church. It's a hymnal and the words grabbed a hold of my heart. It's called; Jesus, I my cross have taken.. one of the verses say:

Go, then, earthly fame and treasure,
Come disaster, scorn and pain
In Thy service, pain is pleasure,
With Thy favor, loss is gain
I have called Thee Abba Father,
I have stayed my heart on Thee
Storms may howl, and clouds may gather; All must work for good to me.

Wow, in His service pain is pleasure and loss is gain... In our pain, our loss, and mostly in our well being.

Is Christ enough? Can we accept an outcome that wasn't what we wanted and still say He is enough? Can we bow down to worship without the pain, without the encouragement of others? When everything is going so good, do we remember Him to be our first and our last? Is Christ Alone Enough?

© 2021 "Aleeza"


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on December 5, 2019
Last Updated on August 26, 2021

Author

"Aleeza"
"Aleeza"

PA



About
I have a tremendous passion to share my heart with anyone who is willing to listen. I write about the experiences I've lived throughout my life before and after accepting Christ. Everything I have wr.. more..

Writing
Undone Undone

A Story by "Aleeza"