Finding Grace

Finding Grace

A Story by "Aleeza"

Finding Grace is almost the easiest thing we can find in our lives on a day to day and minute by minute basis. Grace is found in every second we breathe. We wake up in the morning and feel our heart beat and there is grace. We feel the gentle kiss of our spouse or a loving hug from a friend and there is grace. I watched my grand daughter come off of life support and breathe on her own and there was grace. Open your eyes and you'll find grace everywhere you look. At least the grace so freely given by such a Sovereign God.

So, what about human grace? Are we always so eager to pour our grace out on others? This won't look to inviting to the ones who aren't saved, but if we as the body of Christ desire for others to be saved then we must first look within ourselves. We often think that if we share the Gospel with people then we will enlighten them to salvation. Although there is much truth to that, there's also much truth to the old adage that people don't read there bibles, but they do read the self proclaiming Christian.

As a Christian how much grace are you pouring out onto others? How much grace are you finding in others within the body of Christ? Oh I have been in many situations in life where grace was far from one's heart within the community of believers. Years ago I was met with little to no grace when our old church crumbled. Because I was associated with a family member who was in a leadership position of that church, I was quickly forgotten by that specific body once I was no longer attending. Now, in all fairness, there was a lot of rumors and speculation and confusion going on and everyone needed to be alone with the Lord for guidance, but there should have also been a coming together in truth and love. Not only is that a beautiful example of grace, but it also shuts the mouth of the enemy.

There is only but One God, One Truth and a vast amount of people who belong to One Kingdom. Denominations may be different (according to your understanding of scripture) but the people in those denominations that stand according to the word of God are still a part of God's Kingdom and should never be a reason for seperation or tension between believers. This is the area I notice most that displays the least amount of grace in the church today. As I am a part of many social sites learning theology I read and see very ugly and ungraceful comments and attitudes towards one another. It's heartbreaking to say the least.

Christ is coming back for His church and that includes ALL who believe. If fellowship, love and extending grace cannot be found within the body of Christ and the unbelievers are standing by watching the behavior of the church then why would they ever desire to be a part of God's family?

Over the last few months the Lord has placed me in conversations with several people who desire to learn more about Him, yet refuse to go to church because of the behavior they see once they are inside. Now, it's true that we are not there to put our hope in the people and our focus should be Christ, but people aren't usually taught that unless they are sitting in church under foundational teaching. So why is finding grace so hard within the church?

Beauty without grace is no longer beautiful. So, It's time we all as the church (The Bride of Christ) begin laying down our flesh and denominational opinions and display the beautiful gift of Grace that our Father has so generously poured out on us. Sin, seperation nor a difference in opinion should ever be a reason to lack grace. As John Piper stated: God has made us to be conduits of his grace... A conduit is a natural or artificial channel through which something is conveyed, flows, or is disbursed.

There are hurting and lonely people everywhere in this world, in and out of the church who are desperately seeking the love and grace of God within His people. We all need one another and I publicly seek forgiveness if I've ever not been a display of God's love and grace when you needed me to be.. So Lately, my daily prayer has been that we as the church begin looking within ourselves and asking ourselves; when others are introduced to our lives, Are they Finding Grace?

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for Building Up, as fits the occasion, that it may Give Grace to those who hear.

© 2020 "Aleeza"


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on January 23, 2020
Last Updated on January 23, 2020

Author

"Aleeza"
"Aleeza"

PA



About
I have a tremendous passion to share my heart with anyone who is willing to listen. I write about the experiences I've lived throughout my life before and after accepting Christ. Everything I have wr.. more..

Writing
Undone Undone

A Story by "Aleeza"