Grace In The Struggle

Grace In The Struggle

A Story by "Aleeza"

If I were to reveal anything about myself, my biggest hang up would be that I struggle in specific area's of my life just like everyone else. I have bad days, I sometimes entertain negative thoughts about myself that I shouldn't. If I'm going to be really raw with you, my biggest struggle is the concept of being a failure in too many area's in my life.

My Studies, Lack of Creativity, My Writings, Education, Weight loss, Career, Parenting, Friendship, Marriage etc. The list could go on forever I guess. I am most critical of myself, but does that really mean I'm actually failing at all these things? No, it means that we live in a world that teaches us how to be more critical than graceful, more judgemental then understanding. It means that at times, instead of focusing on who Christ is in me, I put more emphasis on the *me* which is really a selfish pride.

Why do I allow myself to get this way at times? Because I am a sinner, saved by grace (Eph 2:5,8,9) in daily need of my Savior. A friend once told me that it's ok to find yourself in a dark moment, but it's not okay to stay there. So, how do we take ourselves out of those dark moments?

Do we just sit back and wait for God to do it for us? No! The scripture says in Philippians to work out our own salvation. How? Well, He tells us in Josh 1:8 to meditate on His word day and night. It is only through staying in constant relationship with Christ Jesus through His word that we have the instructions on how to persevere through tough times. His word strengthens the very core of who He is in us if we remain in Him.

So, if I'm dying daily (killing my flesh of the negative things) by reciting the Word of God earnestly and continuously over myself, then I leave no room for the enemy to creep in and steal my joy, but in being real. I fail to always run to the word of God. Which is why I experience the dark moments when I do. Now, does that mean that if I'm in the Word consistently that I'll never face trials? Nope, James 1:2 Count it all joy my brothers when you face trials of various kinds.

So if we're going to struggle anyway then why stay in the word?

1) Because His word commands us to do so.
2) His word instructs and strengthens.
3) We develop the mind of Christ when we stay in relationship with Christ.

How do we, or how can we find the joy in trials and tribulation? Well, let's continue reading James 1: 3,4 For you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.....

So as we face hardships, as we discover our many hang ups in life, as we are surrounded with pain and suffering, we know that God is at work in our lives. We count it all joy because we know the beginning from the end. We may not know how many times we'll stumble along the way, but we know that if we remain in Him,  He will remain in us, and that is the center of our Joy. We were once dead and through Christ we now live, and we will continue to live forever more....

Ephesians 2:5 that even though we were dead because of our sins, He gave us life when He raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!)...

Today I pray that as we find ourselves struggling through trials and pain, we give ourselves grace, but find the joy of it all through His written word and His generous sacrifice. Blessings

© 2020 "Aleeza"


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on September 7, 2020
Last Updated on September 7, 2020

Author

"Aleeza"
"Aleeza"

PA



About
I have a tremendous passion to share my heart with anyone who is willing to listen. I write about the experiences I've lived throughout my life before and after accepting Christ. Everything I have wr.. more..

Writing
Undone Undone

A Story by "Aleeza"