Word Production

Word Production

A Story by "Aleeza"

What do our Words Produce when we speak to others? When talking to a friend of mine yesterday, we were talking about the difference between men and women in most cases when it comes to our obsession with how we perceive ourselves in photos. Not out of vanity, but insecurities. We mostly hate pictures of ourselves unless we're controlling the camera/angle so we have the control over how we look to others. We can say that we don't care what other people think about us, but in reality we do. Why? Because for generations the media, magazines, t.v has put a stigma on what women should look like if they want to feel beautiful. For generations we have experienced our own family members and friends making snide comments about the way we look that inserts insecurities in one way or another. In more times than not, most of us have had years of hearing negative things about ourselves. In reality, it only takes one person, one time to plant self doubt and a lifetime of insecurities in another person's life with the words they speak. That’s exactly why the Lord tells us: Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear - Ephesians 4:29.

Prov 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.. Can you physically kill a person by telling them to die? No, but you can absolutely kill their self confidence and their joy by the words that you speak. I've been told many many times over the years that I come off as strong, bold and self confident, and in some areas I do, but there have been words spoken to me throughout my life that has damaged The way I think about myself to the point that I cringe when somebody compliments me on anything. Compliments make me feel guilty of selfishness. Speaking in group settings makes me want to vomit sometimes because I am afraid of sounding stupid. Why? Because of certain words spoken into my life at one point or another. But, there comes a time when we have to turn away from the words that have cursed our confidence and our joy and turn to the One who calls us His own and speaks life, love and blessings.

As long as our words and actions are created to bring Glory to God, I know we will achieve those things. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.. So I know that although there are many things that I fear, I can achieve in Christ, but for me it's having the courage to step out of the dark reminders of hurtful words, and into the confidence and truth of God's word. I don't share any of my experiences or traumas for self pity or attention, but as a testimony to what God has already done and what I know He's going to do. But, Can you imagine what these young kids would look like 15 in 20 years from now if from here on out we would speak life and confidence,and encouragement to them? Should we correct them and discipline them? Absolutely, disciplining our children in the proper way is loving them the proper way. There has to come a point in our lives where we realize that words can destroy the future confidence and hope of our children, the life of someone already struggling, the joy that they maybe once had could vanish by the one negative word we speak.

Especially our children who look to us to live and protect them. But, in a lot of circumstances we say things even joking that tear them down because it's what were used to from our parents. Trust me when I admit much guilt in this area. So let's stop the generational cursing over our loved ones and let's begin a new tradition of hope and love. Think about it like this,, our words are like a woman in labor. What we say to the people in our lives can either birth a life of death, fear, hate, insecurities, sadness, etc ... or they can birth life, love, blessings, confidence, hope, joy, etc. So today I encourage you and I ask you to please make a purposeful decision to be mindful of what you want to say before you say it. Ask your self: What effect will my words have if I were to speak them right now.? I pray that we all choose to speak words that Produce truth in love.

1 Corinthians 13:13 So now faith, hope, in love abide, these 3, but the greatest of these is love.

© 2021 "Aleeza"


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on February 28, 2021
Last Updated on February 28, 2021

Author

"Aleeza"
"Aleeza"

PA



About
I have a tremendous passion to share my heart with anyone who is willing to listen. I write about the experiences I've lived throughout my life before and after accepting Christ. Everything I have wr.. more..

Writing
Undone Undone

A Story by "Aleeza"