A Preview of "Together as One"

A Preview of "Together as One"

A Chapter by Cole
"

This is the chapter where the two travelers come together in a way more than as companions, and become lovers.

"

Laying underneath the blanket of stars, with the boat gently rocking over the water, I gaze out into what seems to be an eternity. Stars stoic in their prized part of some constellation as others dance across the sky. Galaxies reveal themselves, and the Milky Way shines bright before us. A night like many others that Murray and I have come to enjoy the past few weeks.

 

The gentle similar humming of a tune I had heard many times begins to fill my ears. I join in, still unknowing of the name behind the tune, but the notes too familiar to ignore. Closing my eyes and reminiscing over how the adventure we had been on had led us to here, I seem to remove myself from this world.

 

The dare to take up this stranger’s offer to go sailing to a place I had never heard of. Unfurling the mast and setting sail into the open blue. Battling raging storms, hunger, and the occasional stranding. Visiting small remote islands, learning from native people the world appears oblivious to, and having our own self-discoveries. Placing trust into this man I had only met a week before setting sail, the companionship we had developed, and…

 

“Lee, come quick!” Murray yelled from the other side of the bow. Rushing to see what the commotion was about.

 

“What is it, Murray?” curious as I was unable to see anything by his side. Silently he pointed to the distance and mouthed a ‘just watch and wait.’ Patiently I stood there looking out into the moonlit ocean blue as I had seen every day all day almost for the past month. Suddenly, there it was, I saw the graceful presence of a pod of humpback whales and the deep sounds of their song as they grew near the distant surface of water as if wanting to be seen under the bright full moon. Looking at Murray in true amazement “how often have you seen such a wonderful sight,” I ask out of curiosity " my youth obvious through my sheer excitement from the sight.

 

“I have heard the sea’s song many a times, and been graced by it’s beautiful surprises far more than any man could dream of,” he said staring off into the distance. Turning towards me, “but I had never the fortune of sharing something so exquisite with another.”

 

Looking up at him our eyes connect, as they’ve done countless times before. But, tonight there was something more. I didn’t just see the companion I had befriended over the course of our adventure; I saw the truth and meaning behind his story. Into the depths of his hazel, green sprinkled eyes I saw his compassionate heart, the tremendous amount of wisdom and experiences that had strengthened him, and the soul that made him the man that he is. And suddenly, I realized that I wanted him more than just as a companion.

 

 

Those young, spirited, youthful blue eyes of his " blue as the ocean itself with the twinkling of the stars above. How had our journey come to this? Was this an inevitable course of events? Whatever the case may be, everything had become centered around this young lad. After that horrendous storm I couldn’t help but realize that I saw him more than just a companion. Worried about the differences we had: age, raising of our background, our tales and our woes, and so much more it seemed. But tonight, tonight would make all of my worries disappear. And tonight, he would become mine.

 

Moving closer to Lee, I place my hand upon his cheek. With barely a stubble despite the nights spent at sea I can feel the articulate jaw line and the heat of a blush. Cautiously, and slowly, I lean in towards those lips that seem so soft.

 

 

Is this surreal? His rough, caoulised " yet gentle " hand upon my cheek. This is it. Without hesitation I lunge in to quickly fill the gap between our lips. I want this. Our lips come together in a sweet sensation, moving together as smoothly as the boat on the waves. Soft, tender, passionate, and deep can scarcely describe the empowerment of this long awaited kiss. This was truly meant to be. Why else would we have crossed paths sporadically at the bar? Why else would we have come upon this journey? Maybe we both knew deep down that this was bound to happen. But whatever the case may be, our lips locked together in exquisite bliss under the night sky, upon the ocean blue, listening to the song of the distant whales is where we are now. And, this is what I want " to be with this newfound companion in a way that was meant to be.

 

 

Lee pulls away from the kiss, which has seemed to last an eternity and scarcely a moment. Looking into those bright blue eyes I sense his desire and eagerness. Such a man he is, one I had only dreamed of finding till that fateful day at the bar, and the call just days later saying that he was on his way. Such courage, such drive, and such ambition in this lad. Whatever sparked this dear connection we have made must have been designed by fate.

 

I take him by the hand, which is only worn because of the work and toil for this voyage that we have taken. Pulling him close to me I can feel the pounding of my own heart matching that of a fast-beating drum. I wrap my arm at his waist small and slender, as he places his own upon my chest... 



© 2013 Cole


Author's Note

Cole
Previous chapters are spent with the point of view changing between the two characters every other chapter or so, and this is the first (and probably only) chapter that will be done with both point of views changing so much between the scenes. The parts of each point of view will be added to be longer, and after the first kiss the point of view won't change as much and will not illustrate the same scene twice in both pov's as done up to the kiss. The reason I had the scene of the kiss done twice was because I see it as the ultimate moment in them becoming lovers... Besides the 'deed' of course, but I haven't gotten so far yet.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
Added on February 17, 2013
Last Updated on February 17, 2013
Tags: gay, lgbt, romance, love, lovers


Author

Cole
Cole

Charleston, SC



About
The name is Cole. A writer, college student, dreamer, and learner. Very open minded and friendly person for the most part. I enjoy life as can be, and I continuously search to learn more whether it's .. more..

Writing
Dear World Dear World

A Story by Cole


The Voyage The Voyage

A Book by Cole