Nightmare Prince

Nightmare Prince

A Poem by Alexa kerrio

Nightmare Prince

 
I drift to sleep and dream.
I pound on the inside walls of my skull, begging for some soul to hear.
I wish someone had have heard while I scratched through my eyelids and screamed desperately for someone’s attention.
I search endlessly for someone to call, but when my voice escapes, only silence answers. A horrible, deafening silence that echoes aimlessly through the chambers of my empty heart. No one can hear me.
At night in the dark, I contemplate his last words. They resound through the room, slicing at the sad darkness. I can’t sleep or think or breathe. I know it’s bad this time.
I keep trying to convince myself that our old love will prevail and he will come back to me.
Clips of seemingly ancient memories crackle through my mind, replaying like old silent films. I blow the dust off of them and let them sink into the depths of my numb core.
I’m exhausted and relentlessly heartbroken, yet I welcome the painful memories to play over and over again. Bittersweet re-runs that circle me hauntingly allow me to never have to say goodbye.
I paint his face on the canvas of the insides of my eyelids, so his image remains excruciatingly clear, embedded in my conscience. I can’t restrain a few stinging tears as I play his voicemails over and over. Then suddenly he is real as he emerges from the mystical allies of my nightmare. His face hidden by a loose hood, he approaches me menacingly. He wears a black cape and gloves and his boots make no sound as he stomps towards me, quickening his pace with each step.
Sounds from the conscious world shoot at me from the outside. A fog surrounds us and shields us from the noise until it is completely drown out by the screeching silence. I never push him away, even when my heart splits and collapses beneath his grip. I begin to suffocate as the toxic breath of his kiss fills me, but I don’t resist. My breath trickles slowly from my lips.
Slow, slower, stopped.

© 2009 Alexa kerrio


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KL
Wow. Normally I'm not too keen on these dark-relationship-breakup-diediedie-esque poems but this was fantastic. It painted a clear picture of someone suffocating, hopelessly addicted to the 'toxic kiss' (loved that!) and slowly but surely spiraling downward, downward, downward. It may seem easy to some people to get out of this spiral, but to most once it comes it never stops...

Very powerful write, thank you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow. very nicely penned. i enjoyed the dark tone of this beautifuly sad piece. full of emotion, it peirces the reader forcing an emotion response. true talent shows thru here.

very well done indeed. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


heart pounding and darkly written, it is a good, blurry dark story, maybe in some way also in our lives our nightmares become reality.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 12, 2009

Author

Alexa kerrio
Alexa kerrio

Toronto, Downtown, Canada



About
I'm 18 years old and I live in Toronto, Canada. I'm an ammature writer and I'm currently doing an English major at the University of Toronto. Thanks to everyone who reviews my work, your critiques are.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..