Contemplations

Contemplations

A Poem by Alexander Cain

Would it be wrong or right if I took my life tonight?
I need to know because I think that I just might.
I can’t stand to live when it’s been three years since I was last free, 
and my brother and sister stay crying because of me.
In a world where problem solving is my fists
is the same hell where I have cuts up and down my wrists. 
Growing up my mother was a stranger,
which only added fuel to the fire called anger.
I can’t tell people why I am always depressed,
so in my dreams it stays deeply repressed.
Would it be wrong or right if I took my life tonight?
I need help because I think it would be a wonderful sight. 

© 2015 Alexander Cain


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You can tell people, you just need someone you can trust yourself to open up to. Depression doesn't have to be a secret, people's attitudes are always changing, and hopefully the stigma will be a thing of the past. Sad, dark writing, but very emotional, lots of feelings just leaking into the words in a beautiful way.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alexander Cain

8 Years Ago

I appreciate it, but I don't trust anyone.



Reviews

"Would it be wrong or right if I took my life tonight?"
Let me tell you something. I understand not wanting to show fear. I understand not wanting to be hurt again. There are so many instances when people feel the need to end this life because they think it can't get any better. Trust is not something they can give freely - those wounded people- but you know what? They don't need to. Having suffered in this world, they are stronger than most people could imagine, can bear more sorrow than anyone would dare. You are strong. You're powerful. Don't you ever doubt it. It is why you've come so far, how you've survived through it all. You're not some pathetic wimp. Taking your own life just refutes all of that. You come up as a coward, someone who couldn't stand their ground when troubles arose. Do you want to be known as weak? You're just erasing any chance you have at happiness. And believe it or not, everyone has a chance at happiness. Deserves it even. Especially those who didn't ask for it. God wouldn't give you anything you can't handle. Be strong, plant your feet on the ground and never let go. And who knows? Maybe you will find someone you can trust, heal with and be happy, after all. If you push for the happiness you deserve, you will get it someday.
Of that, I am certain.


Posted 8 Years Ago


You can tell people, you just need someone you can trust yourself to open up to. Depression doesn't have to be a secret, people's attitudes are always changing, and hopefully the stigma will be a thing of the past. Sad, dark writing, but very emotional, lots of feelings just leaking into the words in a beautiful way.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alexander Cain

8 Years Ago

I appreciate it, but I don't trust anyone.
I think it's morbidly beautiful. I liked how the poem feeled loaded with emotions, and I definitely loved the last two lines.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 22, 2015
Last Updated on September 22, 2015

Author

Alexander Cain
Alexander Cain

Bowdoinham, ME



About
Im am the one who you look to if you need a shoulder to cry on, but also the person you cross the street to avoid. I am cold hearted and caring. An oxymoron given physical form. more..

Writing