Legs

Legs

A Chapter by AleyshaRosa

  The world lights on fire once more.

That's all for now...” Reminisce retreats into the darkness.

Do you understand? Fight crawls out from the midnight floor like a demon escaping hell.

I don't.

Some...

A door creaks far off to my right, beyond the tripping Matthew. A sob, a whimper and a call so quiet, quiet, quiet...

“Hello...”

My lips turn to blubber and refuse to respond to the growing insanity of the situation.

“H-h...”

Matthew grumbles and twitches, his hands reaching for the smooth, beige sky. The room flickers. The fire waltz's. Matthew writhes.

Is this a dream too?

No... Vulnerable let out another sob, but quickly covered her mouth with crystal fingertips.

All my fault...

Hush!

“Hello..?”

“Hello...” I reply, carefully.

A sigh comes from the doorway, followed by brisk tap. I pray my feet will obey enough to lead me to her, to find the holy grail. Cinder blocks weigh on my feet on the sandy bottom of the ocean. I trip toward her, heavy.

She will help you... Only the voice of Reminisce; she does not show herself.

The doorway looms. I fear it will grow eyes, teeth-- swallow me whole. She shivers against the doorway, her eyes black holes, abandoned of stars for fear they will implode and be lost forever in the never ending darkness. Her black skirt rises high on her thighs, presenting her pale legs at an undersold play. She hears nothing but her arms to cover her small breasts which are even paler than her legs.

“Where is he?” A tear falls, but as restlessly it slides down her cheek to her parted lips, It shrivels and an evil grimace transforms her face. “You killed him, didn't you?” A laugh that could only be heard by the Devil himself bursts from her bruised throat. It is four spindly bruises that splay magnetically around her slim neck. She suddenly begins to shake, and wraps her arms tighter around her small body, trying desperately to hold her puzzle pieces together. I did not want to disappoint such a broken creature...

“What is your name?”

Her mouth falls open, her teeth slipping below pink lips.

“Do you not remember?”

“No.” I say simply. I do not want to play these games anymore.

She rubs her eyes vigorously, grinding her tiny fists painlessly, it seems. She lolls her head harshly from side to side, looking, looking for the answer.

“Gen,” she giggles, “at least that's what he calls me, but my name is Genevieve.” She throws her body forth and back, slamming her back into the doorway with a sickening thud each time.

“Genevieve, oh Genevieve, you fool... You s**t... Oh, what a wonderful s**t you are...” She moans, her fingers sliding up her thigh, up under skirt. Her fingers play hide and seek with its hem. “I bet you won't find me here... Oh you'll never find me here,” they say, flicking along the edge and peeking the tips of their nails over.

I turn away from her, crossing my arms around my quaking body. A light bulb glimmers like a forgotten saviour. I spin around once more to see her sucking on her thumb, eyes closed.

“Genevieve...” She groans and the hand hiding beneath twitches.

“Genevieve... What is my name?” A tumbling cry wavers in my chest.

“Oh, baby...” Another twitch. “Your name...” Abruptly aware of her surroundings she rips her hand away and crawls as if possessed toward me. A plea rests in her eyes; begging, homeless.

“Sister, oh sister... Your name is Fasten... Oh, Fasten your seat belts, it's gonna be a bumpy ride... Ride... Ride...” And her hand disappears between her legs. 



© 2012 AleyshaRosa


Author's Note

AleyshaRosa
nevermind about the pretense thing. I went back an edited anyway...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I take it that Genevieve had an affair with Matthew, and he strangled her. Am I correct? I really do hope I'm following this story correctly! The imagery is so amazing. Every word and scene blends together so beautifully.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow, I didn't see this coming. :P This is good but confusing. I had to go back and read it again to get what you meant.

Posted 11 Years Ago


AleyshaRosa

11 Years Ago

Thanks =]

Tho.. I agree they are very confuzzling =/
very well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


AleyshaRosa

11 Years Ago

Thanks, PI
This is my fav chapter yet!
perhaps instead of "gen" this person should be "psychopath". haha, but nice chapter, the abstractions are what make it original

Posted 11 Years Ago


AleyshaRosa

11 Years Ago

Haha, well give her a break, she's high as hell =P
Thanks AS ALWAYS Rachel. It's always what I.. read more
I don't really understand it, this is one of the most revealing and confusing chapter EVER.

Posted 11 Years Ago


NathanBlackie

11 Years Ago

haha that's funny cause i thought this one made the most sense yet.
Gina

11 Years Ago

It's just too abstract to make any sense in my mind
I love how abstract it is but still so gripping... So many things. definitely leaves you wanting more. Is Gen Matt's past lover or something?

Posted 11 Years Ago


AleyshaRosa

11 Years Ago

Thanks by the way =]
NathanBlackie

11 Years Ago

i think these are actually getting better, they were pretty good already.
AleyshaRosa

11 Years Ago

No kidding! That's what Casey said too! Thanks btw
I saw the pretense mistakes after I posted, so bypass.
Too... Lazy...

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

429 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 24, 2012
Last Updated on October 24, 2012
Tags: trip, blanket, swim, flame, fire, chapter, drug, pill, intense, fight, warrior, reminisce, fuchsia, christmas, legs


Author

AleyshaRosa
AleyshaRosa

Abbotsford, BC, Canada



About
Canadian, eh? I've been writing since I was 13 (I'm now 18) and have recently started back up on writing a novel that I'm now half through. I mostly write prose poems and short stories with a tonne .. more..

Writing
Kill Me. Kill Me.

A Poem by AleyshaRosa



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


f**k f**k

A Poem by AleyshaRosa


Swim Swim

A Chapter by AleyshaRosa


Fight Fight

A Chapter by AleyshaRosa


Blanket Blanket

A Chapter by AleyshaRosa