Life Again

Life Again

A Story by Analgesia

  The blonde mustache grin in the corner sniffing his fingers before they fade, like lighters going out in a sea breeze.  Another song about sex, bottles breaking like steel drums, from the other side of the wall.  The sort of sarcastic nihilism that cracks deep, even God fights back laughter for fear of exposing some shattered morality.  Lectures about the dangers of liberalism with women draped over each knee: chaos is our code, liberalism is the codification of chaos.  Drinking games: See if you can stay under water for five minutes, cop a feel when she‘s sleeping, whisper something to the dog, shatter the bottle fortress, run: naked, swim: naked, car wash: naked, karaoke: naked.  Victims, Criminals.  Stories about miscarriages and heroin that can’t be true because they’re only a few miles away from home.  Weakness, beautiful weakness, trapped in a literary tragedy check box.  Set them free because they’ve grown beyond classifications, every attempt at empathy is futile, all experiences are dichotomous, misdemeanors, misdirection: life.

© 2014 Analgesia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is gritty naked truth. you peer around and jot down what you see. It's kind of beatnik-y in a way, in the sense that you're capturing what's up with the era. Geez, every line is powerful. a call to wake up and look around.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
1 Review
Added on May 1, 2011
Last Updated on May 7, 2014

Author

Analgesia
Analgesia

FL



About
I've settle into a routine: I'll stew in my own words for a few months, then, when there's been enough rumination I'll dispatch some sort of half cocked pile of context riddled with pretension and lov.. more..

Writing
Adam's Love Adam's Love

A Story by Analgesia


Monster Monster

A Story by Analgesia