MY STORY

MY STORY

A Story by Olabisi Rotimi Abel
"

A story of him who lost all........

"
JOHN IS IN PRISON..... HE WROTE THIS SITTING BY HIMSELF ALONE AND FRIGHTENED....

I was only 7years old when it all started. Looking back, I see how stupid I was. I trusted my elder brother and his friends, that was the most stupid mistake I've ever made.
They told me that Drugs were fun and that it would not harm me. I believed them. I always wanted to be popular so I joined my brother's group and d everything I could to make them like me. I started smoking with them and I was pleased when they let me share their cigarettes which had stuff in them. I was their sharp boy.
I started staying away from school and when I did go, I was always rude and lazy. Many good friends stopped talking to me. I began to stay out late. My parent were desperate and thought I needed to change environment. So a year later we moved to a different area and a new school. It wasn't easy to begin with but I tried very hard to stay healthy and to behave well in my new school. I even joined the athletics club. But it all happened again.
There was this older boy in my new school who became my friend. He was a drug addict. It was very easy for him to lure me into it again. He gave gave drug for nothing at first and soon I had my old habit fully revived. I was so unhappy that I couldn't stop taking drugs. I can't remember ever feeling well, happy or normal since.
With drugs, there is always a price. I was forced to go out and do bad things like stealing, even from my family, so that I could pay for my drugs.
I haven't been able to look in a mirror without wanting to smash it.
It is not worth it. Hating yourself is the worst. Losing the love of your family and not having friends.
Honestly, I don't remember being happy. My brother is currently in a Mental hospital. My friend was shot in the head during the robbery operation that led me to Prison.
Drug stole my chance in life. Drug ruin me. It took away everything.
I've lost my education, my health, my family and my future......
SAY NO To DRUGS
#SAYNOTODRUGS...

#IAM
#OLABISIROTIMI

© 2018 Olabisi Rotimi Abel


Author's Note

Olabisi Rotimi Abel
What do you think about this?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on February 17, 2018
Last Updated on February 17, 2018
Tags: pains, trust, hope, prison, drugs

Author

Olabisi Rotimi Abel
Olabisi Rotimi Abel

lagos city, Nigeria



About
Tell me who I am when you get to know me. more..

Writing