Wonder Ful Ch. 4: I'm Put In A Mad House

Wonder Ful Ch. 4: I'm Put In A Mad House

A Chapter by AliceIsIn
"

Allison finally meets some new folks, what's in store??

"

Ch. 4: I’m Put In A Mad House

You know those miniature scales that size down huge, HUGE areas of land? Everything is like a pinprick, from the houses to the streams. Well, that’s how Wonderland looked from the top of this hill. It was huge, gigantic. I could see huge cities popping up from forests and prairies. Small towns dotted country sides and roads criss-crossed everywhere while people bustled along them like busy miniscule bugs. In the distance, very faint on the horizon, I saw a huge glimmering castle, spanning a great length. I gasped in astonishment at everything.

“Yeah, I know.” Alice whispered, holding my hand. I stood there in awe before Chess nudged my knee.

“Yes, yes, it’s lovely.” He hissed, looking around. “But we must keep moving.” Nodding slowly, we took another step and found ourselves almost a whole mile away from the hill in front of a large wall that went on forever in both directions. It was gray, like everything else, but the iron wrought gates were black and shiny and glinted in the half light. Red as blood roses coiled and sat on every inch of the bricks. I leaned out and was about to touch one when my sister grabbed my hand.

“No! Don’t ever, EVER touch the red roses. They’re like trip wires at home, or alarm bells. She’ll sense that we’re here.” She whispered, glancing around. Her sudden movements had shook me, but I nodded, still confused. We walked precariously towards the iron gates and to our dismay, there was a huge heart shaped lock.

“Damn.” Alice whispered, slouching in defeat. I moaned, although I was slightly happy that we wouldn’t be going anywhere else.

“No need to worry loves.” Chess said, quite cheerfully. He stood up on his hind paws and seemed to lengthen his body until his front paws could reach the lock. Avoiding the roses, he unsheathed his claws and, after giving each one a lick, he slipped one into the key hole. There was a great tremor, not just from the lock, but from the whole wall itself, and with a loud clang, the lock shattered. My mouth dropped to my knees. Grinning his Cheshire Cat grin, he returned to normal body length and padded through the gates. “Magic, dears, magic.” Alice laughed loudly and pulled me along, something I was getting used to by the hour.

As I passed through the gates, I felt something like a shiver run through Alice and I. I didn’t know what it was until I passed through the five feet thick wall and into the real part of Wonderland. It was like someone had changed from an old fifties TV to a new HD one. Everything was suddenly in full color and it even hurt my eyes a little. The colors were bright a vivid, unlike the dull colors at home. The trees seemed almost neon green and the sky was like an electric blue. There were bushes with yellow purple leaves and the grass seemed black. The road was painted red and suddenly, when I looked down at my jeans, they too looked bright and fresh.

“Whoa.” I murmured. Alice laughed and held out her hands spinning in dizzying circles. I stared everywhere, my eyes unable to focus on any certain thing.

“Come.” Chess hissed, tense and angry. We followed and turned onto a main road filled with people and activity. There were creatures from every corner of anyone’s imagination. Horrible evil monsters with sewn lips and no eyes, or some with horns sprouting from every inch of skin. Some were funny, half human half animal, their tails swishing in the golden sunlight. Many looked human except for their clothes. I was afraid and astonished at the same time.

We scuttled throughout the many main roads for almost an hour before we reached an off road leading to a large Victorian manor painted a bright blue. Walking through the gate, Chess changed back into his handsome human self, lending an arm to Alice.

“Now that we’re here, we’re safe. She can’t touch us in Hatters house.” I walked slightly behind the couple as the three of us stepped up to the large ornately carved door. Chess knocked four times before stepping back. It immediately creaked open and a cool voice floated out from behind the wood.

“Password?” it asked. Chess smiled and leaned towards the door.

“Flamingos.” The door swung wide open to reveal a beautiful entryway. Standing next to the door was a boy just as tall and equally as handsome as Chess. He was thin with shining gray eyes rimmed in purple. His hair was shiny, black, and long, falling slightly past his ears and into his eyes. He wore a white button down shirt with a black vest, a golden chain hanging from the watch pocket. His pants were slung low and covered shiny black boots that reflected the whole room.

“G’day Hatter, I’ve got the packages here, nice and safe.” Chess joked, leading us in to the entryway. As I passed him, our eyes met. He was very cute, something I didn’t expect in Wonderland, and he seemed to be just as intrigued as I was in him. He shut the door when we all were inside and locked it, turning to face us.

“How was the trip, any trouble?” His voice was cool, calm, and collected. It felt nice to have someone talk that way, it had been a crazy couple of hours and his voice was soothing. I stood next to Alice, trying to avoid his gaze, which was impossible, since his eyes seemed to be glued to my head.

“It was fine. Nothing I didn’t expect.” So my freaking out was something he expected eh? Our conversation was interrupted by a small girl, maybe ten, who sprinted into the room and vaulted herself into my stomach. I stumbled backwards but managed to catch myself on a large round table behind me.

“March!” yelled Hatter, eyes flashing. He grimaced at me when the girl didn’t budge and gave an apologetic smile. I blushed. The girl looked up at me, small delicate features beaming. The only thing unusual about her was that she wore a large Victorian walking dress that poofed around her like a cake, and the fact that she had large honey colored bunny ears popping out of her honey colored hair. I glanced down. Oh yeah, there was a tail, of course.

“You must be Allison!” she squealed, her bunny tail twitching. “I’ve heard so much about you. I’m March, by the way.” She spoke quickly, leaning away from me but keeping a hold of my waist.

“Um, yeah! I guess I am. Nice to meet you March.”

“Alright, March, enough.” Scolded Hatter, holding out a hand to the small child. She grinned at me and walked over to the boy, grabbing his hand. “So, Allison, welcome to the club house.” He smiled, perfect and straight teeth dazzling me. “How did you fair?” I didn’t want to offend Chess, Alice, Hatter, or the little girl March, so I forced a smile.

“Different. I’m exhausted.”I confessed. They all nodded. Alice took my hand.

“Well, before we start explaining everything, I think we should get cleaned up a bit and rest. It’ll be better for everyone.” They all nodded, and so did I. Hatter let go of March’s hand and motioned for me to follow.

“I suspected as much, so I already have the third floor bedroom ready for you Alice. I’ll show Allison’s to her. Chess, if you want to take a cat nap, go ahead, I’m sure these two will be sleeping a while.” Chess nodded and walked into the living room and fell onto the  couch. Alice was already gone, leaving me alone with Hatter and March. “March, start getting dinner ready, I’ll be right down.” The little girl nodded and rushed away, ears flying.

Motioning me to follow, Hatter and I both walked up the long stairway to the third floor, turning down a long hallway. I heard Alice singing in one of the rooms, and I was thankful that Hatter let me into the bedroom next to hers. It was small and clean, with green furnishing of different colors and patterns. The bed was a four poster that took up most of the room, and a small bathroom was attatched next to it.

“The water is all ready for you and there’re dresses in the closet. Go ahead and get some rest after you’ve cleaned up. Towels are above the sink.” He said, walking out the door and closing it before giving me a small smile. Thanking him, I locked the door behind him and headed into the bathroom, which was nice with earthy tones and a clawed bathtub, discarding my clothes. Grabbing a towel I slipped into the warm lavender scented bathtub near the windows, just high enough to where my head could see out into the garden.

The water lulled me for a while before I grabbed the tea-cup shaped soap bar on the lip of the tub. I scrubbed my whole body and my hair, making the water turn slightly brown. I rinsed off before getting out, the warmth making me more exhausted than I already was.

I dried off and walked into the bedroom, feeling more relaxed than I had been in a while, despite the fact that I was in a totally freaky world. I walked over to the wooden closet before opening it up, showing numerous Victorian dresses of many different shapes and sizes. I rummaged through them all, not wanting anything too fancy or too plain. Finally I ended up choosing a violet colored summer dress that billowed gracefully around my knees and hugged my body gently. The sleeves came to my elbows and ended in buttons, and the neckline wasn’t so deep that it was inappropriate. Little bows followed the dark purple buttons down the front and a bow in the back wrapped around my waist.

After brushing my hair with a silver comb, I braided them so they weren’t in my way and looked in the mirror. I had dark circles under my eyes, but other than that I look like I fit in. Hatter had said that I could rest a bit, so I took him up on that. I climbed into the large, soft bed and crawled under the heavy covers, not minding the soft fabric of my dress. I hope it didn’t wrinkle, but as soon as my head hit the pillow, the thought left my head and I was instantly asleep.



© 2010 AliceIsIn


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

AliceIsIn
ignore grammar and comment please?!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow this is so totally amazing!! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lovely!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 7, 2010
Last Updated on March 7, 2010


Author

AliceIsIn
AliceIsIn

Nowhere Land



About
I'm obsessed with Alice In Wonderland, Love Dracula and no other, and my passion is writing! I'm 15 and i'm crazy insane!! hahaha. I'm kind of sarcastic but that's alright. I love reading stories so j.. more..

Writing