Chapter 1 * The morning before *

Chapter 1 * The morning before *

A Chapter by Alicka

            I don’t know how I gotten into this mess in the first place. One minute I’m on top as a Darkling agent, then the next I’m free falling out of a helicopter watching my unit calling my code name as the damaged helicopter makes its escape; as I plummet back to the earth to my death, or so I thought. The tree branches broke my fall, if that’s what you want to call it. More like getting hit by a steel toe boot in your back every time you hit another branch then finally the cold hard ground of South Africa.  I must have been out a few hours, by the time I woke up it must have been noon.  I laid there opening my eyes I could barely sit up. I was injury from the fall; I had a piece of shrapnel deep in my shoulder.  “Where am I?” I tried to replay what had happen several hours before the helicopter.

                Slowly I remember, the morning before last. I was at NORAH our headquarters for the Validus. NORAH stood for NATIONWIDE OPERATIVES RESISTANCE AGAINST HOSTIILES. I was hacking into classified hit orders when my code name came up on a classified Hazard hit order.  I looked at the screen and read.

                ! ATTENTION ALL MISSION MONITOR OPERATORS!

I the director Mike Bower at Norah of Operations of Validus and Darkling agents, here by place a Hazard Hit Order on the following Darkling Agent Code name: GHOST EYES.

There been confirmation that GHOST EYES is a double agent for the known Terrorist Dario Vanko, and all his operations. Believe that Darkling agent code name GHOST EYES is the leak of numerous operations of other Darkling appointed mission that fail due to improper Intel.

Darkling agent code name GHOST EYES is an exceptional rare Darkling agent, whose abilities are unlimited. Furthermore is never fail to complete a mission, due to Darkling agent’s inability to never leave a mission incomplete. GHOST EYES is far too dangerous for just one Validus to handle. I hereby order a one-time Darkling agents; small unit to handle this Hazard Hit Order.

The Hazard Hit Order is set for on this date: July 24, 2019.

 

I reread the date, it was the following next day. I pulled out my memory stick and plug it into my computer and downloaded all the Classified Hit Orders, and Classified Hazard Hit Orders. I need to get out of here before the Darkling Agents got there order to take me out. I need to find out who set me up. After It downloaded I got out of my cubicle and slip the memory stick into my pocket. I was making my way thru the cubicles before someone called my name as I pass their cubicle.

“Dylan” Matt called from behind his computer screen. He held a folder up for me to take.

I walked over and grab the folder and thumb thru it. I noticed it was conformation kills on all the classified hit order from the previous week. “This looks good for this agent. I wouldn’t doubt about a promotion either.” I kept my face straight. One of my jobs in Norah is to monitor mission orders for Validus agents; and the other job I was simply one of the headhunters which basically means I watch closely to any abnormal in agents when returning from missions, this was my cover to insure that no one was to know my identity as a Darkling agent, except for the rest of my unit.

Matt was a monitor mission operator like me. Only thing is he was a real one, unlike me. “Matt has any new Hit order or Hazies order’s come thru yet?”

Matt looked back on to his computer and type a few keystroke, “Uhm nope, there not finalized yet. But by tonight there should be.” Matt stood up from his desk and leaned over his cubicle wall, which put him face to face with me. “Dylan I find it hard to believe that you’re a monitor mission operator like me.” He smiled his pearly whites at me.

“Oh really why is that?” I laughed.

“Your way to pretty to be a MMO. Dylan what are you doing after work tonight? Want to have a drink with me?” Matt raised his eyebrow. Matt was a slender man with light brown hair and brown eyes. He stood about 5’9 not very tall at all.

“I wish I could but I have other plans for this evening” she replied, Like trying not to get killed. “I have to get going” She started to walk away from his cubicle. I always seem to get that, I’m way to pretty to be behind a desk all day. I guess it’s cuz I’m 5’10 with medium length brown hair and a body of a fitness instructor off a magazine. Years of hard core training will give you a body like mine. Even though I haven’t trained in over three years, with my handler. I keep up on my routines. Now I have to see who set up? Who could have this much Intel on me saying that I’m part of Dario Vanko personal. Oh No.  “Hello Dom” as he came walking up to me.

“Dylan your looking good!” he spat out. “We need to talk, before you leave today. It’s important” Dom‘s tones of his voice meant Darkling business.

“No problem, I was heading out as we speak” Dylan gave him a head nod. I need to stay calm.  I can’t afford to lose my cool, not in front of Dom. Dom has been my handler since I started training as a Validus. He’s only three years older than me. His jet black hair, and dark eyes, made you feel like he could melt you with is eyes. His deep smooth voice always caught the men’s attention. He was slightly tall than me 6’2 with broad shoulders, and a golden tan all year long. I would have to say I had a thing for him. The only problem is that he is my handler and he knows me far too well.  “Do we need to speak in private?”

Dom shook his head and whispered to her “The unit is in route to meet up at the command center off the pier 25. I’ll meet you there.” Raising his voice “I’ll set up a meeting to review that mission tomorrow afternoon.” He gave an awkward smiled before turning and walking away.

As I watched him walked down the corridor a thought came thru my head, Dom never come to work on Thursday. This must mean that the Darkling assignment has been issued on me. The director must have brought him in to question him about me. Damn, I need to get out of here. I walked to the elevator and press the button, lucky for me that no one was in the elevator, as I entered the lobby of our headquarters, the lobby was filled with suits all trying to get where they need to go. I walked thru the madness of the lobby and walked out and onto the busy street of the Washington, DC business district.

I started to wave down a taxi, but quickly change my mind. Damn I’m going to need my own car. I started to walk down the street to a secure underground parking lot. I swiped my very own access card to enter thru the front gate. Upon entering thru the gate, I must wait for a facial analyze scan to move on to the next door which would open up to all the cars in the underground parking lot. I find my charcoal black Lotus Eterne 6000, Dom told me not to get this it was going to be very noticeable for a twenty year old to buy a £75,000 Euros car. I didn’t care; I have a great background story to answer any IRS questions about any money issues. I slip into my front seat and started her up, and headed for Pier 25. Most of the people of Norah use the building own parking lot for their vehicles, but I rather not keep my vehicle near people who make their living killing people, even those I’m one of them. I’m the best Darkling agent among all the rest of the Darkling agents and my own special unit is the Alpha.  For one reason why I’m the best, my abilities are super speed reflexes, unimaginable strength, and most of all is the able to see anyone’s actions before they do them. It gives me an extra edge on them.  Also I never do anything typical and easy to get anything done.

As I drove to the pier 25, I park next to the rest of my team member’s vehicle and entered all the security access to enter the building. The whole team was here, Johnny my weapons specialist was lounging on the beige leather couch flipping from channel to channel his short blond hair was slicked back instead of spiked a little on top. I turned to see Mackenzie aka The Mack at the computer probably hacking into some government classified files. He was the best computer hacker at Norah or maybe in the United State His buzz cut; hair do was something new, for the rest of the group to see. Just this morning he chopped off his brown curly locks. Silas who walked across the room to hit the kitchen and started to rummage, thru the fridge. Silas was the explosive and tactically man of the group there was another use for him, brute strength. His shoulder length light brown hair was pulled back into a ponytail, this morning. Alexander was standing in front of all three flat screens in the open glass conference room looking at what was on them. His back was toward me; his black wavy hair was spiked just a bit on top. Alexander went by Alex when he was out of the office; he was my second in command and one of the best sharpshooters in the United States. This was my special unit of Darkling, and every member of my team had abilities.

“Conference room now!” I headed toward it. “Dom will be on his way.” Dylan took her position at the head of the glass table and the rest of the members took their places at the table. “Alex, what’s the mission?”

“Dylan, this is going to be a hard one. The place isn’t like any others we have been thru. There is no real access point, or escape path that will grantee our survival.” He turned around and gazed his sparkling gray eyes on her.

“This hasn’t stopped us before” she stood up and walked over to the screens.

“Nor will it now” Dom walked in to the conference room. “You suit up in four hours, and charter a plane to Africa. You will be debriefing on the plane.” All the eyes turned on Dylan.

“Get your gear!” she ordered.

“Whoo hoo, looks like this gonna be fun” Johnny holla as he left the conference room with the rest of group.

Dylan turned her attention to Dom, “I hope you know what you are getting us into.” She walked past him, Where you’re sending us, is hell.

          



© 2011 Alicka


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this really interesting! keep writing. i look forward to reading more chapters soon.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Excuse all the grammar errors.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 25, 2010
Last Updated on January 13, 2011


Author

Alicka
Alicka

Hutchinson, KS



About
I'm like read a lot of fantasy. I enjoy writing, I try to do a little research before writing anything new. I'm not great at poems, so I tend to not write any. I'm looking for great friends who can gi.. more..

Writing
No more No more

A Poem by Alicka


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Alicka