Chapter 2 * Where in South Africa?*

Chapter 2 * Where in South Africa?*

A Chapter by Alicka


Dylan slowing picked herself up from the cold ground, trying to get my bearings on where she could have landed. Dusting off the debris from her black pants and shirt.  Well I still have my gear on, no guns, no water or medical supplies, just armed with a knife.  Alright our chopper started getting fire upon when leaving the compound just a half click south. The RPG fire must have comes from the south; just another two click south from the compound before damaging the chopper. Well s**t that could be put me between the compound and the damn mountain ridge, which is treacherous for a highly skilled Darkling as myself, just one problem, my shoulder ahhh.  Dylan started looking around to see if anything else fell from the chopper that could make shift as a weapon. She started to ripe part of her sleeve to bandage her shoulder.  After bandaging her shoulder she looked down at her watch 13:00 hours, it also had a compass Dylan was facing east. “Where to go from here? I can’t go South, North not an option; East or West.” She started to head east; she heard flipping just behind her. She turned back and looked up into the tree line, and saw a black pack. “No, that can’t be my pack.” She made her way to the tree and looked up. “It’s not that far up” she said out loud, as if waiting for someone to agree with her. After a few tries she snagged her pack and she looked around from the tree seeing if she could spot anything else. “I’ll be damn!” she slowly made her way down the tree, so she wouldn’t hurt her shoulder anymore, even if it was throbbing every time she lifted it. I need to get that shrapnel out of my shoulder.  Dylan walked a little way when she spotted it again, she slowly pick up her assault rifle, and “I feel better now.”

                She sat on top of a log and rummaged thru her pack, pulling out clean gauzes and a small knife. She started to dig into her shoulder for the piece of shrapnel. I can get it, I can get it. Damn this hurts. Thanks Dom for training us in medical procedures. So many times we catch ourselves using it on ourselves or others after a mission. Ah finally.  She pulled out the piece of shrapnel from her shoulder and tossed in on the ground. She quickly bandaged her shoulder up. She went thru her pack, and found three bottle of water, couple of MRE, rope, her Desert eagle hand gun, couple of clips, map, and a few throwing knifes. A couple of odds and ends at the bottom of her pack.

She looked at the map, almost nothing near where she could have fell out of the chopper.  Damn either way I’m going to be walking out of this jungle. No radio, to contact anyone. Why would I by now the Hazard hit order has my name on it. No one would be coming to recue me, more like making sure I’m dead. They are going to make sure that I don’t make it out of this damn jungle alive. Great nothing more than to be stuck between a rock and a hard place.  “No, I’m going to make it out and I’m going to found out who setup me” she told herself.  Dylan spotted a village not too fall from one of her contacts would be station at.  She found a route that would take her there, but it would take her longer to get there. She just hopes that no one would be looking for her just yet.

Dylan ripped open one of the MRE, she hope it was something good “Mmm Beef Brisket” she popped into her mouth. I never really like MRE, but after being hungry for hours, meals ready to eat are not that bad anymore. Dom would always tell us to pack some, when we started doing mission, but not so much now.  After finishing her MRE she replaces everything back into her pack except her desert eagle which she stripped to her thigh, and the map. She picked up her assault rifle and started heading east. She continued to check her map every now and then. Damn the nearest village is about a two days walk from here.  Dylan stopped and looked up and around, “Damn, that can’t be for me” she headed for cover against a tree. A helicopter flew right above her, and then circled around the area where she was at. Dylan tried to catch a glimpse of the chopper, when she saw the chopper.  Just what I thought the warlord Barmen, he must think our chopper went down by the RPG. Or think that we jump out our chopper. He has a score to settle with us, we just did kill his brother.

The chopper moved on and started to head south back to the compound. Dylan didn’t hesitate and started moving double time heading east. If Barman couldn’t find what he was looking for from the air, he will send ground units into the jungle, which would be bad for me. Out number and out gunned.



© 2011 Alicka


Author's Note

Alicka
This is a very short chapter. Also a rough draft, I'm thinking about adding more to it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on January 15, 2011
Last Updated on January 15, 2011


Author

Alicka
Alicka

Hutchinson, KS



About
I'm like read a lot of fantasy. I enjoy writing, I try to do a little research before writing anything new. I'm not great at poems, so I tend to not write any. I'm looking for great friends who can gi.. more..

Writing
No more No more

A Poem by Alicka


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Alicka