Chapter 3 *Briefing*

Chapter 3 *Briefing*

A Chapter by Alicka

Dylan made a slight detour on her way to the airfield. She pulled her car down an abandon dirt road not fall from the pier or the airfield. She continued to drive down the old dirty road, when the old dirt road became solid asphalt.  She stopped the car and waited for the huge gate to open when she punched the code numbers into her remote keypad that she pulled from her briefcase in the passenger’s seat. She slowly moved forward thru the gate and parked the car in front of tan two-story house. “Home” she gently spoke to herself. Dylan climbed out of her car and walked up to the front door and pulled out her house key and entered her home, she hurried to her study which was in the far back of the home. Her study was two story room with a wraparound bookshelf filled with books and red oak wood floor boards; she walked to the far wall of where a photography was hanging, and she placed foot between the end of the bookshelf and a huge potted plant and press down on the red oak floor board. ”Click”

Dylan turns around and walked over to the middle of the room and waited. A moment later the red oak floorboard opened up and  revealed hidden staircase, she walked down them and a few minutes later she returned pressing a button before stepping out from the hidden staircase. The floorboard returned back to their normal position, as Dylan walked out of her study and armed her house before returning to her car.  I’m so relief that no one knows my safe home. She turned the ignition key and head out of the gate and back to the main road, and to the airfield, where her team was waiting for her.

“It took you long enough” Johnny joked as he started to lace up his boots.

“What? You got some hot date” Dylan laughed, and dropped her packed. “Where is the rest of the team at?” she looked around the locker room.

“Out in the hanger with Dom” he finished lacing his boots.  “Want me to wait for ya” he cocked his head to the side as he smiled.

“No. I’ll be out there shortly” she unzipped her pack.

“Alright” He held his hands “I’m out” He headed for the door.

Dylan quickly changed into her assault gear, and packed the rest of her gear in bag. She opened the locker door and stepped out into the hanger where the rest of the team was seating listening to Dom. As she drew near, Dom stop and gave her quick look then returned to what he was saying.

“Dylan, the rest of the team seems to be a little nervous about this ops. What about yourself?” Dom dropped a fold onto the table in front of him.

“I did a quick look over. I have to say, NEI.” She looked are the rest of her team, who had their eyes on her. “This op” she paused; “Not enough Intel. I have to agree with Alex. Our extraction point is very hard to cover, for us to make it out alive. There might be a chance that we leave someone behind. That’s ONE thing I don’t ever do, Dom.”

Dom sighed. “Look, we just got this Intel, which these Warlords are planning on selling highly sensitivity weapons and material that could level out cities. The op; Plan is to take out the weapons, and material, if by chance take out the warlords. But the agency wants those weapons, and material gone. Understand?” He picked up the folder, “We need to board now. We’ll continue this on the plane.” Dom grabbed his pack and head for the plan.

Alex stood up “I still don’t like this one bit. Dylan this is a rush job. There are too many things that could go wrong. We should abort.”

“We can’t, if we don’t go now. The weapons and material will be gone. Then we’ll be looking for them and a lot of people could get hurt.” She headed for the plane, the rest of the team followed.

                Alex watched them board the plane, than  followed slowly. The rest of team was seated when he took his seat next to Dylan. I don’t know how much longer I can do this.  He looked at Dylan and smiled. “I understand how much we are needed on this op. I just have a gut feeling about this.”

                “Don’t worry; we work under pressure, for a living. Keep your eyes peeled, watch each other’s back.” Dylan sighed and turned her attention back to Dom, who stood in front of them. “Dom we're ready?”

                “Alight, South Africa is where you’ll be heading. Two warlords, Tarsi and Barmen their brothers….” Dom continued to brief the whole team, for the next two hour. “Ok you guys know what you doing, so I'll get out of here. Your jump is coming shortly, so make sure you’re on your game.

                “You heard the man” Dylan stood up. “Get you gear ready.”

                “Yes, Ghost eyes” they all replied.

                An hour went by, and the whole group was suited.  Today could be the last day I’m alive. If I make it out of this op, it won’t matter, the hazard order will be sent out by tonight. Dylan looked at her members of her unit. “I’ll be right back” Dylan walked to the front of the cabin of the plane, where Dom was.

                “What’s going on with Ghost Eyes?” Johnny asked Mack who was checking his Shute pack.

                “I don’t know, since this morning at HQ. She seems a little off. Don’t worry about It. Dark Cloud” Mack elbow Johnny.

                “Dark Cloud, my code name kind of sucks” Johnny laugh. “Can’t we change our code names?’ He looked at the rest of the team.

                All replied “NO!

                “I don’t think Dom would call you Babe magnet “Mack laughed.

                Alex looked back at Mack and Johnny, “Dark Cloud is not a bad code name. Beside the code name is not something you want to be able to identify yourself. Well Babe magnet would work for you, no one would be thinking you as a babe magnet” he laughed. “Come on, we almost near our jump site. He turned back to the front cabin looking for Dylan.

               

                Dylan knocked gently on the door before entering the room. “Dom, we need to talk about some stuff.” She looked across the room where he was sitting in a chair typing on his notebook. She waited for him to respond before continuing. He raised his head to give her the go head sign for her to continue.  “Are you sure this Intel is good? I know I’ve never questioned anything before, but this does seem rushed a bit. Why are we getting Intel about this now? If it is a dangerous as you say it is, we should have been informed in advance. Dom is there something you’re not telling us?

                “Dylan, I don’t know why we were not notified in advance. I don’t get to choose what ops we get. Trust me” Dom stood up and walked over to Dylan. “Trust me, I didn’t want you guys to take this op, but it was clear that the Alpha unit could get it done. We’ve been thru a lot these last couple years. S**t I’ve been your handler since you joined. I don’t want to see anyone of you get hurt, left behind or…” he paused “dead.”

                “Dom we can do this op. But there is something else that I think you should know before I jump.” She looked down from his smoky dark eyes. “This might be my only chance to tell you, before it’s too late.”

                “Dylan what is it?” He looked concerned. “D what’s going on, since this morning you seem off a bit.”

                “Never mind, it’s nothing. It can wait” Dylan started to turn around, when Dom caught her shoulder and spun her around to face him.  “I can’t do this right now; I gotta keep my mind on the game.” She gently pushed his hand off her shoulder, and turned around to the door. She slightly opened it.

                Dom’s hand pushed it closed. He stood so closed behind her with his arm still touching the door. Dylan didn’t move for a moment she just stood there. “It can’t happen” she slowing turned around and faced Dom’s smoky dark eyes, and juicy lips.

                “No it can’t happen, your right” he spoke so warmly to her. “I want you to understand that.” He moved his hand from the door. “I can’t say that I wouldn’t want it to happen.” He looked into her eyes. He reached for the door knob and opened it. “Good luck.”

                Dylan nodded and turned around to walk out the door before stopping, “Do you know who give the Intel to the Hit/ Hazies operators when it’s someone from the agency that has the orders on them?” She kept her back to him. “I’m thinking about changing from MMO to HHO, people at work are starting to wonder why I’m always gone for a day or two. I need to keep my cover for the agency.” She looked over her shoulder.

                “It’s usually field Validus agent and Darkling agent. They review all the missions’ ops and see if there was any unaccounted no contact between members of their unit or HQ. They are strictly Intel they travel across the world to gather data on people of interest. But on extreme cases like putting a Hazies on a member of the Agency, a specialist is brought in to oversee the order. They are more hands on they will gather data on business and personal to see why certain names from the Agency were up from questioning.  They specialize in Behavioral and Coercive persuasion, just fancy words for them to say instead of brain washing. They basically try to see if any Validus or Darkling agents will be able to be brain washed and turn traitor.” He shrugged his shoulders. “They are not the type you ask over for a drink. Are you doing this so that you want see me at the office anymore?”

                “Yeah, I am” She lied, she walked to the back to her team.



© 2011 Alicka


Author's Note

Alicka
Please ignore grammar error. What do you think about the storyline, so far? Any input will help. Ideas?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on February 13, 2011
Last Updated on February 13, 2011


Author

Alicka
Alicka

Hutchinson, KS



About
I'm like read a lot of fantasy. I enjoy writing, I try to do a little research before writing anything new. I'm not great at poems, so I tend to not write any. I'm looking for great friends who can gi.. more..

Writing
No more No more

A Poem by Alicka


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Alicka