Number 2

Number 2

A Story by Alishly
"

There are a lot of failed marrieges. But kids in those families... How their hearts will survive this pain? Maybe they will change or go to the dark side or they will become weaker. And maybe some of

"
"I can't understand them. I always follow them like a shadow. But my friend- Salim says he is not their number 2. He is the only child of a family. And he always in the center of their attention. He says they always make him feel loved. But I can't feel my parents' love. No! I have to change that."- wrote Malik and started to spin the pan between his fingers. Then he went to the kitchen in order to have a breakfast. His mom as always was doing something in a rush.
-Malik, I am going to work, finish your breakfast and go to school.-She passed next to him.
-Where is the dad?- Malik never used to ask this question. He just wanted to hear her answer. But she looked at him with her green eyes, even got angry. She came closer to him, kissed him on the forehead and said:
-Bye!
Malik sat down:"Why mom didn't answer?"- he started thinking. His dad entered the kitchen. Breakfast was served at the table, but dad's cup was nowhere to be seen.
-Dad, why om didn't pour you tea?
His dad looked at him with a confused face. He opened then closed his mouth. He didn't say anything. Malik's question confused himself too. For the last half year, he never asked this question to anybody. Now he felt unexplainable pain in his heart. What if everything is his fault? His dad made himself a cup of tea and sat down. malik wanted to ask more questions:
-Dad, when mom will come home? - And again Malik felt the pain in his chest. Why he asked that question. His dad didn't answer. The tea's hot steam was warming his face. He didn't want to move his head. Even little drops of water started appearing on his lashes.
-Will mom go somewhere else after work? When will you come home?
Malik started thinking about how to make his parents in love again. He would do anything to make this love reborn. Suddenly his dad's fist hit the table. The table's surface was covered in brownish water. 
-Malik, why are you asking these questions? Stop acting like you don't know it.- He got up. His facial expressions didn't show that he was angry. He looked very embarrassed.
Even at school Malik was thinking about his plan. After school finished he didn't go home. He went to the cafe. After spending some time there he went home. Now was the hardest part. He took two papers and wrote letters from the name of his teacher. after finishing them he had to lie to his parents. Malik came to his father and gave him the letter. He took his eyes off the television and started reading the letter. Then he rose his head and looked at Malik:
-Your teacher wants to talk to me at the cafe?
-Yes! That's a new rule. My teacher must talk to you.
-Only me?- By this question, he wanted to know if his wife will come too.
-Yes, only you. At 7 pm.
-Ok, I will go.
Malik gave the similar letter to his mom. She asked the same questions and got the same answers. In comparison with his dad, his mom left the house earlier. Malik felt curiosity in his dad's face. After his dad left, Malik waited for a little then he followed them to the cafe. The mom already was sitting in the table number 2. When his dad came to the table he was extremely surprised. Sudden fear filled Malik's body. What if his plan would fail? His dad would realize that this was a joke and his mother would be angry because of his actions. And again everything would be his fault. His family would live without love forever. Everything would be even worse than it used to be. The tree of love that they planted would be destroyed. But none of this thing happened. His dad sat down. Maybe they still believed that there is a meeting? His dad took his mother's hands into his. He looked disappointed in himself and embarrassed. His mom was smiling and looking into his eyes. malik was watching them surprised. His parents' confused and surprised expressions disappeared. They were smiling and talking to each other. Malik realized that the pain that he felt in his heart was gone. Because he saw his parents' happy faces. His dad looked at him and waved. They called Malik to them. Malik quickly came closer. They tightly hugged him. And Malik thought to himself:" I did it. I made the tree of love grow again."

© 2018 Alishly


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on September 4, 2018
Last Updated on September 4, 2018
Tags: Number, Parents, Family, Children, Story, two

Author

Alishly
Alishly

Baku, Azerbaijan



About
I am 16 years old. My hobby is to read and understand the meaning of books. While reading books I like to pay attention to authors' style and the moral of the books. That's why I am very thankful.. more..

Writing
Meaningless Meaningless

A Story by Alishly


White fog. White fog.

A Story by Alishly


Helpless Helpless

A Story by Alishly