Signs Of Life

Signs Of Life

A Poem by Al-itzah
"

Whats Your Sign?

"

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"
- Maria Robinson


When you breathe, do you think about breathing? Or are you thinking about something else?
When you are in class, are you completely submerged into the subject or are you Looking out the Window?
Your friends wave to you as the bell rings and you struggle to get through the crowds to them.
Have you ever thought what your life would be like without them?
If you had no one to be with, or relate to, or even if you were like everyone else, are you Striving for Individuality?
When you read a book for English and your hands crease the pages, do you listen to the words in your head?
Or are you Reading In-Between the Lines?
When you are in a club at school do you realize what you're doing to yourself, your community and your future?
You can see that you are Building Yourself Up.
When you run at practice are you focused on Breathing Steadily?
How about when you are simply walking through campus, trying to get to class, going to the lunch line or even
looking to see your friends, are you seeing their Signs Of Life?
 

"The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson."
-Tom Bodett


All students walk through Golden Valley's gates with thoughts racing in their minds. Wheather they are athletes, intellectuals, visionaries, the unnoticed,
actors, singers, shy, instrumentalists, silent, dreamers or rebels, they all have one commonality. They leave Signs of Life on this campus and
anywhere they dare to venture. The warm, recently empty seat, the sweaty gym bag, the clicking sound from texting, the newly marked white boards,
the pencil shavings and even their essence of those who have especially been most influential, all eventually leave Golden Valley with the shadows of their lives
embedded into this campus. You mark can be more than ineffable. We want you to leave with a lasting memory that will prove that you were here.
We are the witnesses to your presence.
We are recording your Signs of Life.

© 2009 Al-itzah


Author's Note

Al-itzah
As EIC of the school Yearbook I have to write a Theme Copy which explains the meaning and that feel of the theme. Each colored phrase is a section in the yearbook.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A beautiful poem. It takes a special person to look at life from both the outside and the inside, to see and question the big picture. I like your writing style; your words expressive, deep, meaningful, sad. I can really relate. Your Sign of Life is strong indeed...

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 13, 2009

Author

Al-itzah
Al-itzah

CA



About
My name is Khrystina, yeah I know, it's spelled different. I'd like to consider myself a laid back, reasonable, realist, sarcastic, more like cynical, and witty type of person but in all honesty I'm .. more..

Writing
R.I.P. R.I.P.

A Poem by Al-itzah