Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Crucified Risen

The Crucified Risen

A Poem by Alla Antsis
"

Call for peace at Easter 2023

"

Christians once sacrificed their own,

To the God of Love, like pagans known,

Burning heretics, they claimed divine,

Killing their own in a holy shrine.

 

Those who fought for freedom's call,

Claiming Christian values above all,

Killed their own in cold bloodshed,

Replacing faith with "nation" instead.

 

Those who send us to war, with hate and fear,

Are not Christian, nor human, but profiteers,

Forcing the poor to meet their end,

Calling it justice, a moral trend.

 

And oftentimes, the word "justice" they use,

Substituting love, for violence they choose,

Replacing truth with words that sound,

A heartless scheme, worth millions of pounds.

 

The Crucified Risen, came to say,

There's only love, in a world astray,

Only love can conquer violence and strife,

Bringing peace and hope, to all of life.

 

Alla Antsis

April 7, 2023

© 2023 Alla Antsis


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A good history lesson; though I’m not Christian, it doesn’t matter to me who kills or starts wars; wars begin by power grabbing governments who spend billions….wars should be avoided as it only brings death and bloodshed…violence ensues, instead of peace, love, innocents die….I see no reason for war….i stand for peace and harmony. This is a very strong poem with an important message . Thank you for sharing.
Best, B.

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alla Antsis

11 Months Ago

Betty, cannot agree with you more here. As I responded to Marvin, in today's Russian / Ukrainian war.. read more
Betty Hermelee

11 Months Ago

Agree! And you're very welcome!
Best, B



Reviews

Alla, you are a breath of fresh air. Mainly because you are probably someone I’d be friends with in real life. As you remind me of some of my dearest childhood friendships.

Thank you for using your voice in conjunction with your intellect to bring attention to very intricate problems. Problems that easily slip under the radar when examined with a grain of salt.

Thank you for doing more than looking at society from a glossy eyed perspective. I agree with a lot of the sentiments you touch upon here.

Posted 3 Months Ago


Alla Antsis

3 Months Ago

Dina,
Thank you for visiting my anti-war poetry site. I appreciate that we share similar opin.. read more
I pray everyday for calm and peace in my world.
"The Crucified Risen, came to say,
There's only love, in a world astray,
Only love can conquer violence and strife,
Bringing peace and hope, to all of life."
The above lines are wonderful. Thank you Alla for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 8 Months Ago


Alla Antsis

8 Months Ago

Thank you dear Cayote! I loved the way you focus on the positive and hopeful side of things! Much ap.. read more
Alla(h?),

I am one who goes back, retreads that walk through which others have said, that path which led me down that lane of worthy reads that are not inane, and so I find myself here, hands wringing, eyes in tears, for all of your heart poured upon page, all of your efforts spent and ignored that rightly should be rage, and I say to you these words of wisdom of which I shall never relent: never give up and never repent!

Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

Posted 8 Months Ago


Alla Antsis

8 Months Ago

Pleasure to receive another of your reviews. Thank you for your support, Marvin! I have been out fro.. read more
Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

8 Months Ago

Alla,

I am dying, and enjoying every moment of it along the way ... That's what 69 ye.. read more
Alla Antsis

8 Months Ago

Call yourself an old man? 69 is just a beginning of a next orbit of life accomplishing great things .. read more
Wonderful.

I share your pain... deeply.

Christians... some at least...

Can be very hard to handle.

Not much room... for plain tolerance there...

;)

Great poem!!!

Posted 11 Months Ago


Alla Antsis

11 Months Ago

Thank you much, The Ancient Rock! Means a lot
The_Ancient_Rock

11 Months Ago

You are welcome.
Friedrich Nietzsche once said that "the only true Christian died on a cross 2,000 years ago" so it seems. We all preach love but few practice it. We kill in the name of religion and fight wars for it. I loved the poem that brings to mind what Christianity or any religion should be about.

Posted 11 Months Ago


Alla Antsis

11 Months Ago

Thank you Soren! Exactly the message here. Appreciate your response!
Dear Alla,

I love Easter Day. Christ rose from the dead on Easter Day. It was a symbolic victory of love over violence. If we follow Christ's ordeal and His suffering, we'll know that it wasn't a victory easily won. It entailed absolute self-denial, courage, conviction, faith and the deepest of love for God and humanity. Only with such mettle could the victory over violence and death be won.
It is indeed every true Christian's strong hope that love may some day conquer hatred and greed. Many great souls have risen and tried to do their bit but the world has failed time and again to overcome its failings and stop the warring and the exploitation and bloodshed of the poor and the vulnerable.
Where are we failing? Perhaps we are just failing in being human. Our love is just not the perfect love of Christ. Not that all is lost, perhaps, we'll get there in time. We just need to keep building up our compassion and love for others. One day at a time. Thank you for such a thoughtful poem on Easter. Stay blessed.

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alla Antsis

11 Months Ago

Yes, agree wit you building compassion for others and speaking up is so important. Thank you for you.. read more
DIVYA

11 Months Ago

Its a pleasure dear Alla. You're most welcome. 🙋‍♀️
Really Fabulous Alla - may the Love of the Risen Christ now amongst us again be with you ✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alla,


Somewhat like Betty, I am not a Christian, nor a supporter of any form of Organized Religion ... In fact, I do not believe in any version of Organized Religions God(s):  Yahweh, God as Jesus, or Allah (no disrespect or offense, whatsoever, intended towards any of these given Faiths).  I also do not believe nor do I support the teaching of any sort or type of what is called an Afterlife, Eternal Life, Hereafter Heaven's Hell, Paradise,  or Spiritual Plane of Existence that continues after the inevitability of our deaths.  Why so?  Because there is not an iota's inkling of a glimmers gleam of a single shred of evidence to support such beliefs as teachings taught to us all in Brainwashing, Mentally Conditioning, & Programming us (especially the young who actually fight in Wars) into believing that we shall all see each other again in that next life — and this False Belief based solely upon Blind Faith:  belief without true understanding, perception, or discrimination.

Ironically, those who rule nations and peoples make handiest use of Blind Faith (belief without true understanding, perception, or discrimination) in stirring the deceived hearts, minds, & blood of people like you and I into committing atrocities against one another as acts of War, duped in gullibility of believe that we have not committed outright murder of our fellow man: Human Life, a most precious & irreplaceable commodity, men who died upon battlefields of flowing red Human Blood (ally & enemy) believing that they would/will see their loved ones again should they die that very day, that very moment of their last & final breath, when, based upon the evidence (zero's zilch of nada) nothing could plausibly be further from the truth of our all, each and every single Human Being upon this Earth, common existence of common mortality.

Out of the nine people who were allegedly raised from the dead within the pages of the Christian Bible, including Jesus, not a single one of those resurrected personages had a word to say or share about their death experience, no encouragement, no warning, not a single shred of a detail shared, written, and preserved to serve as realistic evidence of there being any sort of continuance after our final breath of living here in this only world we have.

I do hope there is some type of an Afterlife, for who would not wish so? But, I will not send my sons to War believing in Fairy-tales to save them in sacrificing their one and only life of existence in another War that is but a Chess Game, and soldiers and innocents are always the pawns … And Yet, I am an Intelligent Design Free Thinking Creationist, and not an Atheist. I attest that Man created War, & Man alone is responsible, & only Man can put an end to War, but those who rule over us have no desire to do so, & would ask us all to fight just one more War in the name's cause of putting an end to War … What Poppycock's Malarkey!

You have penned a most poignantly beautiful piece of Poetry that exhibits and transmits a powerful message that all Humanity needs to hear and learn from, and that right now before it is too late. As for Love? Love is a Human thing, and Man is fast departing from, losing sight of, his own Humanity, for the word Human is derived from the word Humane, which literally means to possess & exhibit compassion for other living creatures, which most certainly SHOULD include other Human Beings as our fellow Man that is The Human Race. Hell, we rush to save dogs, cats, various other animals, why not save a few Human Beings, for Mankind's future sake of remaining Human Beings and not relegating ourselves to heinous status of mere Animals?

You might enjoy three of my articles: Violence – Not Love – Is The Predominantly Overwhelming Force At Work Within Our Universe, & Sharing My Thoughts On Religion, Evolution, And The Origin Of Existence – Without The God Factor, & Deception Is A W***e's Face Smiling …

Excellently meaningful writing, here, Alla …

Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

Posted 11 Months Ago


Alla Antsis

11 Months Ago

Marvin,
As always, your comments are so welcome! While the poem may have been inspired by the.. read more
A good history lesson; though I’m not Christian, it doesn’t matter to me who kills or starts wars; wars begin by power grabbing governments who spend billions….wars should be avoided as it only brings death and bloodshed…violence ensues, instead of peace, love, innocents die….I see no reason for war….i stand for peace and harmony. This is a very strong poem with an important message . Thank you for sharing.
Best, B.

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alla Antsis

11 Months Ago

Betty, cannot agree with you more here. As I responded to Marvin, in today's Russian / Ukrainian war.. read more
Betty Hermelee

11 Months Ago

Agree! And you're very welcome!
Best, B

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 9, 2023
Last Updated on April 9, 2023
Tags: war, Ukraine, curage, love, death, humanity

Author

Alla Antsis
Alla Antsis

New York, NY



About
I am an accomplished architect, builder, and artist with a passion for poetry and a desire to make a difference in communities, societies, and the world. Live currently in NYC. Born in Kiev, Ukraine, .. more..

Writing
Silence Silence

A Poem by Alla Antsis



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..