Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Truth be Told

Truth be Told

A Poem by Allen Smuckler
"

short and sweet...sometimes one thought is enough. What's better than family?

"




I have long arms…

I don’t know why

I have long arms

but I do,

 

and I’m proud.

 

Everyone should have

what I have…

It would make

hugging each other

so much better…

 

and last

so much longer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2013 Allen Smuckler


Author's Note

Allen Smuckler
Written: November 24, 2006
Photo; Nov. 23. 2006 (Thanksgiving)
Aunt Cele; cousins Corky, Nathan, Fiona in background
daughter Katie in doorway

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a great reminder that no matter what the length of our arms, we need to wrap them around our loved ones and friend more often than we do to show our love. Great write my friend

Posted 10 Years Ago


THE THEME AND OPENING LINE OF THIS VERSE CAPTURES YOUR INTENT QUITE WELL IN THE VERSE...AS A READER YOU GIVE US A SENSE OF FAMILY TIME AND THE PICTURE IS EVIDENT OF THAT AS YOU GO ABOUT THE RELATIVELY SHORTER NARRATIVE TO EXPLAIN THIS WRITE...LONG ARMS IT IS THEN...

I GUESS IF WE WERE LIKE PLASTIC MAN THAT WOULD BE EASIER TO DO...BUT YOU PUT JUST ENOUGH WORDS TO GET THE THOUGHTS FLOWING WITH US...THAT THE HOLIDAY SEASON IS FAST APPROACHING AGAIN...SOON THE LEAVES WILL ALL FALL AND THE TIME OF US TO DRESS UP IN COSTUME AND STUFF THE TURKEY AND CELEBRATE THE BIRTH OF CHRIST...AND A WHOLE NEW YEAR WILL PRESENT THEMSELVES SOON ENOUGH...BUT THAT'S WHAT THIS REFLECTS IN THE LINES AS ONE READS...

BUT IN ESSENCE JUST BEING WITH FAMILY IS A GOOD THING...FOR YOUR HEART AND MIND TO UNWIND AND SEE THAT SPECIAL MOMENTS LIKE THESE CARRY US AS PEOPLE...AND TIMES ARE MOVING FASTER AND FASTER IN THE FAST PACE WORLD WE LIVE IN...TOGETHERNESS MUST BE SAVORED AND CHERISHED...AND YOUR FAMILY IS FIRST AND FOREMOST THE ENTITY HERE ON EARTH...

ALLEN - THANKS FOR THE INVITE AND GOOD TO READ YOUR WORK...

Posted 10 Years Ago


it's good to get together on holidays and be with your family, whom you may not see throughout the year. you're a lucky man to have such a close-knit family.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oh, I adore this, made me smile x

Posted 10 Years Ago


A beautiful photo and amazing poetry. Good to spend time with the family. I hope all is well with you and the family.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


You have said so much using just the few. I also like the metaphor used here too...Splendid...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very interesting. I enjoy the simple way you wrote about your love for you family, without actually saying so. Every family has it's own weird things about them, it's always good to appreciate it. Me and my mom ALWAYS get lost. So, it's been good for many jokes and joys in my family.

I could see this piece being longer. Getting a little deeper into your love and appreciation of your long arms and family, maybe even using other metaphors about your family to emphasize it. It would be nice to feel more personal about this, to relate a little more. But, it's not needed. It COULD use it, but it's also just as good without. Just different.

Good write,
M. Super

Posted 10 Years Ago



4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2545 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 11, 2013
Last Updated on September 11, 2013

Author

Allen Smuckler
Allen Smuckler

Sarasota, FL



About
I'm a poet, a singer, a peaceful gunslinger.. looking to share my poetry..and a little bit of me...if I dare I 've been writing since I was 18.... am slightly older now, and still trying to fin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..