Magical Moments (Haiku)

Magical Moments (Haiku)

A Poem by Allen Smuckler

 

Magical moments

on soft spun sandy beaches;

alone and in love

 

© 2012 Allen Smuckler


Author's Note

Allen Smuckler
June 28, 2009
Haiku are tercets of 5-7-5- syllables. Like any form, there is a certain amount of room for interpretation and exploration...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Divine. I think that you have mastered this kind of poetry. Lord knows I couldn't write anything like this even to save my life, but thank you kindly for writing this because was purely beautiful.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh, the thoughts that come to mind when I read this. Before I read this, I had never really considered Haikus as something I would enjoy. Obviously that was because the haikus I read before weren't as splendid as this one is. Goodness, this one is amazing! I love how it leaves everything up to interpretation, meaning and all.

I really, really enjoy this. It brings to mind images of me curling up in the arms of my beloved without another soul around to bother us.

Good write, my friend. VERY good write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


So many things come to mind after reading this, I love it. Very nicely done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


There is nothing more magical to me then adding the ocean and her glorious beaches with love. I love this piece as it is a reminder to me that where we began is always where we return.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very serene feelings I get from reading this...superb :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Allen is a fine poet, and I admire the way he writes haikus. You need a lot of
technical ability to get the form right, you need to count syllables, as Allen
rightly notes, and fill these lines with poetic content. Allen gets it exactly right here, good work again from a gifted writer.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Ww! Brilliant haiku! The imagery was wonderful. Nice choice of words. Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The sea beauty will not break our heart. A good vision create with your powerful words. A outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hmm..what to say (ironic ;) I love anything beach-ish. Ok..ready? The magic is in each breeze that floats through the reeds on the dunes. The sand swirling along creating a dust like hue to the vision. The love I feel is when I'm alone and sitting there being at one with the waves. The wind whisking past with the hint of salt spray clinging to each cell of my body. Masking the feel of being alone...is my love for those breaking wave sets that sing a melody as nothing can match their composition to the ear. Roaring to life those Magical moments which bring a love all its own. That's what I see when I read these this short work that you create so smoothly with style and a sense of the mystical flow of your pen to paper. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


there is nothing like being on the beach with your love at night looking at the stars. such is the imagery your haiku evokes. great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2040 Views
44 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on April 19, 2011
Last Updated on June 2, 2012

Author

Allen Smuckler
Allen Smuckler

Sarasota, FL



About
I'm a poet, a singer, a peaceful gunslinger.. looking to share my poetry..and a little bit of me...if I dare I 've been writing since I was 18.... am slightly older now, and still trying to fin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..