One.

One.

A Chapter by Allison

"Scorched by winter’s wrath
I lay still in the night
This winter’s choking embrace
Leaves me with no will to fight
"

 

I give in; I give up; I surrender.

 

I’m burning. I’m suffocating. I’m freezing. I'm paralyzed with death's lips nearly against mine. 

 

I’m done. I give up. Take me. Take me now. The pain, the cold, will end.

 

Death is me. I am death. We are one. Winter is death. I am winter. Winter is here. Winter is there. I lay here dying and winter approaches.

 

The cold is surrounding me. I can’t see light. I can’t hear. I can only feel this. I feel this cold. I feel death. I feel winter.

 

I give in; I give up; I surrender.

 



© 2009 Allison


Author's Note

Allison
It's short, but I like it best this way. When I wrote out more it just strayed from the path that the song takes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nicely written.
That's all.

xoxo, t.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is amazing. It's.. I can't even think of intelligent words to describe this. It's so honest-- it doesn't try to hide the meaning. It's written to the point, and the format is just right for the way you wrote it. Can't wait to read more of it. =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 8, 2009
Last Updated on June 8, 2009


Author

Allison
Allison

IL



About
"I was half in love with her by the time we sat down. That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fal.. more..

Writing
You You

A Poem by Allison


The Sea The Sea

A Poem by Allison



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Seasons Seasons

A Poem by Sophie