Two Roads, One Cellblock

Two Roads, One Cellblock

A Story by Allusyen
"

Diary entry for Valentine Fortress as she leaves to find her sister, Lucy. #44 - Two Roads.

"

It really wasn’t that hard to pin down her location. The guard at the “hospital” had been the one to knock her down the stairs all those years ago and he’d seen her when she was last in town a few months ago. He gave me the city name hesitantly, a knife to his throat. It was really no wonder they hadn’t found her, looking in all the wrong states as they are. They assumed she’d go far south… Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas… Maybe they would have had more luck if she hadn’t known they’d be looking for her. She did what I would have done… She picked the place I had chosen out to hide when I got out of that place. Choose a colder city… near mountains, preferably a wrecked one. Really, Boulder was the perfect choice.

 

She’s not as thick as they would like to think. She’s a smart girl to hide from them, to not want to go back. All I had to do was find her… Not too hard when you consider she is the predictable one of the two of us. I was always given updates of her weekly, sometimes daily. When I got to Boulder, I saw the advertisment. A club, Cellblock. It looked like my kind of place, and I know that I would find her there eventually. Its easy to find someone when you think exactly alike - definitely one of the best things about being born identical twins. Another is our taste in men and I must say that the boy my sister was with last night was gorgeous! Well, he’d have to be to catch my attention, so I assume the same for her. I wonder if she’d recognise me - we don’t look the same you know… years of being apart, being forced to look a certain way will do that. Our parents have been telling her I was dead for years, since her sixth birthday, since the day they drugged me and took my away. I woke up eight days later… on my sixth birthday… in a mental asylum. They thought taking me away would make Luce the perfect daughter.

 

My poor little sister…

 

I wonder which of us had the harder bringing up. It’s a close call when you consider the orderlies and James…

 

 

Valentine “Ivy” Fortress

 

© 2008 Allusyen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Story was very good. I read it twice. Reading this part of the story make me desire more to read. Description and story held me to the last word. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


*sigh* You always leave me wishing for more...

It never stops amazing me how you can do that with just a few paragraphs, tell an entire story. Its awesome and I love it!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 8, 2008

Author

Allusyen
Allusyen

York, United Kingdom



About
The 100 Things Challenge 1.The Name, Ivy 2. My Perfect Love 3. Light 4. Dark 5. Seeking Solace 6. Break Away 7. Heaven 8. Innocence 9. Drive 10. "Second Meetings" 11. "My Perfect Woman..... more..

Writing
The Library The Library

A Story by Allusyen


Seeing Red... Seeing Red...

A Story by Allusyen