If The Music Stops

If The Music Stops

A Story by Allusyen
"

The Silence Can Kill You Here... Part of the 100 Things Challenge. #15 - Silence

"

“Hey pass me that… Oh.”


It had been a week and still I forgot. He wasn’t going to pass me anything. He wasn’t here to. I’d left the music blasting out of the speakers, his CD of course, just so I wouldn’t hear the terrible silence that filled the workshop instead of the sound of him tinkering on some new project, or his skates across the floor as he slid across for something.


I hate the Silence. I can’t bear it… It feels like it’s crushing my soul.


It’s been a week since he went out for that particular sized coil for the drill - It’s still sitting where he left it. I wont touch it… wont work without the coil anyway.

I shouldn’t have let him go. I knew something was wrong. I knew the second he stopped working and sat there for a moment just staring out of the window.


He always came back before, though. Always. He’s never been gone this long…


Guess that’s why I’ve started tinkering with the Landshark. It’s his baby, I know, but he wouldn’t leave without it, would he? I don’t even know anymore… I tell myself he wont, that he’ll come back for it.


I don’t think I could bear it if he didn’t.

 

I never told him I loved him…

He didn’t know.

I know people always say that, but since the accident Volt and emotions haven’t been too close… He was just starting to act a little more normal… He was starting to feel again, to play music and talk and laugh. I wasn’t going to push him.

I mean, I’m not. He’s coming back…

He is…

I will see him again.

 

I mean, he’s not going to get far without the spark plugs, keys and ammo for the land shark. I’ve locked them in my locker… Keep the key about my neck. He ain’t getting them without waking me.

 

He’s probably gotten himself lost somewhere in the dark… got turned about… No noise to distract him from the sound of silence and he’ll have gotten confused.

Silence can kill you here, in this desolate place…

..if the music’s stopped he could be in serious trouble…

 

…I gotta go look for him.

 

…after I put the spark plugs back in. Just in case.

© 2011 Allusyen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
Added on July 24, 2011
Last Updated on July 24, 2011
Tags: Kali, allusyen, 100 things, silence

Author

Allusyen
Allusyen

York, United Kingdom



About
The 100 Things Challenge 1.The Name, Ivy 2. My Perfect Love 3. Light 4. Dark 5. Seeking Solace 6. Break Away 7. Heaven 8. Innocence 9. Drive 10. "Second Meetings" 11. "My Perfect Woman..... more..

Writing
The Library The Library

A Story by Allusyen


Seeing Red... Seeing Red...

A Story by Allusyen