Chapter 2 - The Flight Out

Chapter 2 - The Flight Out

A Chapter by AlmostIndie
"

I plan on using real music venues around America.

"

     This was huge! So I had no intention of letting my parents get in the way of this. I had a list of reasons made up just to insure I would get a complete yes. Besides, I was old enough that whatever they said wouldn’t stop me. After all, I am the lead singer. I sold my mom on the fact that if anything happened to me, I’d be on a bus full of guys that would “protect” me. I sold my dad on the idea that I would be able to pay him back for the money he was lending me to pay for the plane tickets, food and gas. Both said yes with little hesitation.

 

    After three weeks of careful planning with both Them Swoops and The Royal Concept, the boys and I were packed up and loaded into a cab, headed for Denver International Airport. We’d be flying out of our home state Colorado to Seattle, Washington. We would play in Seattle first, drive down to Sand Diego, Phoenix, Colorado Springs then end the tour in Salt Lake City. I know that doesn’t seem like a lot, but as far as driving to all the places in a tour bus that we were sure would break down… it’s a lot.

 

    In the cab I couldn’t hide my excitement. Sean and Trevor had to keep my legs from bouncing by shoving both their bags on my lap.

 “Cole, chill. I know this is pretty huge for yo- wait scratch that it’s huge for all of us. But hide your fangirling… Or I think I’ll just open this car door and jump out…” Sean grunted. I shook my head.

 “Sean, dude, you can’t tell her not to fan out. Remember you at the Foals show? When you met Yannis? Bro you can’t say anything.”  Isaiah chuckled. That shut him up when I whipped out my phone, showing everyone the picture of our drummer’s massive smile next to the lead singer of Foals.

 “Still…” 

 

     After an hour of driving in BFE, ("Bum F**k Egypt", the Colorado term for the desolate area around DIA) I calmed down a bit. We reached DIA and boarded our non-stop flight to Seattle with little time wasted, and lots of food eaten. I was hoping the whole trip could go this way... But from what I've heard and witnessed, I knew it wouldn't. 



© 2013 AlmostIndie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on March 1, 2013
Last Updated on March 1, 2013


Author

AlmostIndie
AlmostIndie

Ward, CO



About
I'm probablly the coolest person you'll ever meet. I play the ukulele, I work for a record store assembling CD cases, And you can talk to me about anything. more..

Writing