Once Upon a Nail

Once Upon a Nail

A Story by Alpris
"

Try and see the hidden message behind the gore. Can you?

"

Once upon a time,

   There was a man who lived alone; literally. His relatives had all passed away, but at least he had plenty of friends to compensate for the emptiness. These friends believed the man was a kind, polite and responsible man and with that, his security grew significantly.
  After his eighth killing, the man decided he was hungry. Bit by bit, he dismembered the body and cooked the cuttings separately in the oven at exactly 280
°C fan bake, occasionally basting the meat with the gravy he made from their blood, intestinal fluids and added lemon and garlic juice. The other uncooked pieces, he stacked nearly on the bench next to the stove, wrapped firmly in tin foil. He gathered the pink and yellow bones and placed them carefully in a tight-held plastic bag, ready to be cremated and destroyed forever. Then he tipped all the bodily fluids and excess guts down the insinkerator, squirting a large amount of bleach and dish-washing liquid after it. 
Once all the meat was cooked, he divided and sealed all the pieces in separate Ziploc bags. One third, he placed in the freezer. Another third he put in the fridge, and he ate the last third without any difficulty; leaning back in his beloved wooden chair and petting his stomach tenderly with satisfaction. 
It took him exactly eight days to finish the teenage boy off, but upon polishing off the very last plate, he noticed a roll of fingers. He crammed three into his mouth, marveling at the succulency of the cooked flesh. With the forth finger, he tucked it into his pocket and carried his licked-clean plate to the kitchen.
He was overwhelmed with relief; for he had disposed of every piece of the boy's existence except the finger in his pocket, which nudged him teasingly through the fabric of his trousers as he sauntered down the hallway. Once he reached the bathroom, he turned the shower onto a lukewarm jet and began stripping. He removed the finger from his pocket and gnawed on it, stepping cautiously into the shower. He chewed all the flesh off around the bone, before swallowing the bone itself and flinching. He'd always hated chewing even his own nails, and would not make any exceptions for this one. He spat it down the drain of his shower, smiling as the soap suds followed after it.
That nail will be lost forever in sewage pipe lines, he thought gleefully.
But it stuck on the way down, latching onto globs of shower grime that lined the walls of the pipe. It stayed there, even against water's pressure; lurking and waiting in the dark until the police arrived eight days later.

© 2013 Alpris


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

first of all his relatives didnt pass away but he ate them. secondly there is irony about his character. thirdly a thief always makes a mistake no matter what. fourthly he should fix the globs.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

critic h

11 Years Ago

irony:
people thought he was kind but he was not and he not only killed people but also ate t.. read more
Alpris

11 Years Ago

That's the half of it, yes.
:P
critic h

11 Years Ago

and please review my story remorse. and why have u disable read request?

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 11, 2013
Last Updated on February 11, 2013

Author

Alpris
Alpris

Auckland, New Zealand



About
Here is a reference to my artistry - a painting of myself and Myra Hindley: At the point of acquaintance , I generally go by Alpris; a name given to me by someone I don't know, let alone the in.. more..

Writing
tricks tricks

A Poem by Alpris