Me, a writer?

Me, a writer?

A Story by alter
"

I guess this is the start of things, or at least a late start

"
I don't feel unique.  
You can cite the old adage that there are no two people created exactly alike.  You could mention that no one else on earth has a sum equal to the parts of my experiences.  You could argue that nature and nurture affected you in quite different ways than they affected anyone else.  You could argue a lot of things, I suppose.  But that won't stop me from feeling less and less like a snowflake and more and more like a carbon copy.  When you think about it, now unique can our lives be?  We live on an earth where billions have lived and (hopefully) billions more will come after us.  One in a million chances happen about seven thousand times a day.   Life and death are well acquainted as they so frequently cross paths.   An ad driven media is broadcast to the masses, bringing with it news of "cool" and "hip".   The world we live in isn't very unique friendly.  But I digress....horribly.
I found this place by accident, a happy accident to be sure.  ADhD reared its head and said "type writes c into google and see what comes up."  I don't have any  formal training in writing or any desire to be read by high school students in 50 years.  I would love to use this as a place to get things out, chat with a few people and overall, improve my writing skills.  Do not expect a linear train of thought, tangential has always been more to my liking.  But do feel free to review or talk literature with me.  I may not have many years under my belt but I am eager to learn and grow from those that came before me and those that have just plain been doing this longer than I have.  
Best regards,
alter

© 2012 alter


Author's Note

alter
Written from a tablet, some grammar and punctuation is odd. some of the buttons do not do what they say they do.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well, welcome to the writerscafe! WE are all unique as each and everyone of us will describe a moment in time, with different words and descriptions based upon our own set of experiences. Share away! May we all learn something from you and hopefully you'll pick up something new yourself.

Aaron

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Well, welcome to the writerscafe! WE are all unique as each and everyone of us will describe a moment in time, with different words and descriptions based upon our own set of experiences. Share away! May we all learn something from you and hopefully you'll pick up something new yourself.

Aaron

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 16, 2012
Last Updated on September 16, 2012
Tags: Start, sunrise, plate of eggs

Author

alter
alter

Portland, OR



About
I enjoy writing, and would love to let others help me grow with my hobby. more..

Writing
Choices Choices

A Story by alter


Soothing Soothing

A Story by alter


Post-fear Post-fear

A Story by alter





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5