Observations of Desperation

Observations of Desperation

A Poem by Kasey Jones

Children fake obliviousness, kicking a deflating soccer ball.
Laughing too easily, desperately trying to forget what they saw.

A fading man, who once knew love, threatens to dissolve into the wind.
He feeds the ducks his last slice of bread, desperately ignoring his sins.

Woman with a forced smile teeters on the brink of insanity.
She is alive but she doesn't feel it. This is how she'll always be.

A young couple walks together, each unaccompanied in their lives.
He acts carefree, she's pregnant, and desperately hoping their bond survives.

An empty father watches his kids play, and he can't feed them tonight.
Kids keep quiet. He blankly stares, desperately tries to avoid this plight.

We'll never be able to understand our world, and we can't agree.
Our lives become unknown to us, and this is how it'll always be.

© 2010 Kasey Jones


Author's Note

Kasey Jones
I wasn't sure if 'obliviousness' was a word, but it is. Please rate/ review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You're smart to send me a message. I have 64 read requests and the pile is so threatening I'm afraid to look through it. I would probably never have seen this otherwise...

I like this a lot. It's sad but true, cliche as that sounds. I liked the way you phrased this, and your rythm was done well, especially for a poem that doesn't rhyme. The little two line stories drive the point home. Really good job. Glad I read it, actually. You should definately keep writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

We ALL lead these complicated lives made so much simpler by one thought When asked to do for others if the only one hurt is you Then your answer should always be yes

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your observations bring truth...I see so many people hurting these days, more and more as the days go on. There must be a better economic, to prevent more people from going hungry. Well written poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hello Kasey,

They don't get much better than this doll. A fantastic write and an even better read. I would stand to applaud you but I am half naked and you couldn't see me anyway. I can however tell you Bravo.

Have I ever told you about my eye thing? Is that your eye Kasey?

Regards,

Matthew

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice. So true...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Such a deep message for such a young to convey (does that sound too creepy? I'm sorry if it does...) The imagery is great for such short lines. The flow is good. The examples only continue to back up the idea of the poem. It's perfect in my eyes. I really love this, and I mean it :D

100/100
~STR

Posted 13 Years Ago


It is hard to walk with total purposeness when one knows not what the true purpose is. We can only guess and muddle through. Oh if only the light would truly shine and reveal the secret. nice piece here my frined.

Posted 13 Years Ago


My child has to tell me my neighbors had no food. We share with them and did what we could. The world must go back to the days of old. We must help each other. Last lines may be true. But we need to open our eyes to the world around us. A lot of people are hurting. You wrote a powerful poem. I pray for better days.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is excellent!
I LOVE it hon!
A case of humanity will never understand and yet we carry hope still!
All seems perfect at times in another world, one of love, we forget!
Awesome work!
xx


Posted 13 Years Ago


wow very good and very deep... it flows nicely and i love the couplets. whenever i write couplets they tend to be short and happy and playful sounding, but when you made them long and used that rhythm it makes them sound sad but amazing :D ill have to try and write a poem in that style sometime, unless you own it now lol. nicely done

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow such powerful lines and excellent imagery! Its a kinda sad write, but an mpressive piece of work!

-Will

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

678 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 19, 2010
Last Updated on August 19, 2010

Author

Kasey Jones
Kasey Jones

The Armpit Of Massachusetts, MA



About
Just read my stuff to get to know me. This is one of my favorite music videos, and songs. It can be creepy, but it must have been SO fun to film. The "How could it ha.. more..

Writing
Sunset Sunset

A Story by Kasey Jones



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Wolf Wolf

A Poem by Robin


Drake Drake

A Poem by Tate Morgan