Sorry

Sorry

A Story by Kasey Jones

"Wow, you're all grown up now," he said with a slight frown that was meant to look like the face of a focused driver.
"Yeah."
I didn't know what else to say. I wanted to tell him that yeah, of course I grew up. That's usually what happens when time goes by. Did you forget all that while you were in your little Never-land heaven with her?
I keep quiet, though, let the road noises do the talking. His deepening frown likes tell me he knew what I was thinking. There's one wrinkle that's deeper than the rest, cutting right down the middle of his forehead. it almost looks like it hurts. I want to reach out and touch it, smooth it out with some spit on my hand like it's a stubborn cowlick. I want to tell him I'm sorry for growing up, that if I had a say in it I'd relive the summers of my youth for eternity.
Instead, I reach back into the backseat and adjust the luggage. I can't believe we fit our lives into two beat-up suitcases each.
"Think we'll make it to the station on time?"
I checked my watch.
"I hope so."
Am I really doing this?

© 2011 Kasey Jones


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
Added on October 30, 2011
Last Updated on October 30, 2011

Author

Kasey Jones
Kasey Jones

The Armpit Of Massachusetts, MA



About
Just read my stuff to get to know me. This is one of my favorite music videos, and songs. It can be creepy, but it must have been SO fun to film. The "How could it ha.. more..

Writing
Sunset Sunset

A Story by Kasey Jones