Empty Soul

Empty Soul

A Poem by Alysa

When you look at me,

What do you see?

Do you see a girl who is frightened,

Or do you see a woman?

 

Behind the mess of dark curls,

Behind these hazel eyes.

There is something so terrifying to see,

You will be having nightmares- my soul.

 

You may think of me as happy and girly,

But the real me is depressed and hidden.

In this body of mine, my soul doesn't care,

In the end, my soul collapses and fades away.

 

When you look into my eyes,

You should see emptiness.

But if you gaze inside my heart,

You will see the empty soul that can never be healed.

© 2008 Alysa


Author's Note

Alysa
Comments welcome=D

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This poem's a great one, though I see it's a bit old. The exterior masks that everyone sees are never quite what lies beneath.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Alysa, you could have crafted the poem in ways which could have made it a fabulous read. It is essential to use powerful metaphors and images, or even use a common metaphor in a way that people generally don'd think of.I,however, liked the poignancy of your feelings, and of it embodies the psycho-somatic turbulence in the mind of an adolescent who is leaving her girlhood and trying to enter a new phase in her life.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Holy crap you've been on here for a long a*s time. XD
Anyways, I really liked this poem. It showed me how much people can perceive you completely wrong, and how they don't even know the real you until you give them the chance.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Empty soul.. Still means you have one. I burnt mine away. Not a satanic deal, more of a spiritual back fire. I took my negativity and wielded it as a shield. This reminds me of my poem, Soul on Fire. I like poems and stories I can relate with, and I thank you for sharing this piece. Your not the only one out there with a little darkness in the hearts, some just tends to maintain it as a positive. Very well writen.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2008

Author

Alysa
Alysa

Larose, LA



About
Hello there. My name is Alysa. Not Alyssa or Alisha. Alysa, period. I love my name because it's unique and unlike any other. Uhm, I'm seventeen years old, and I'm engaged. I live my life the way I wan.. more..

Writing
White on Black White on Black

A Poem by Alysa



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love Is A  LIE Love Is A LIE

A Poem by Panda


Friend Friend

A Poem by Enigma


Dad Dad

A Poem by Mysty Rayn