Next Time Would be “Better”

Next Time Would be “Better”

A Story by Amata Luna
"

Perfection comes with practice but you only know it through pain.

"
2011/05/01

It was that P.E morning that I felt crying was inevitable. However, with enough encouragement from people and my other half” (which is my more sensible side, actually :)), I successfully didn’t’ shed a tear for such foolishness and reluctance to do something like properly tossing a ball.


Even as a young child, I can’t consider myself sporty or somehow of the like. I tried badminton and I swing the shuttlecock sideways no one can catch it. I tried basketball for once but because I’m a girl with asthma, a quarter run feels like agony. I really did try sports but it seems that it doesn't love me just as I try to. I stopped trying then. I was simply frustrated because I watched kids my age play and giggle without hastening to catch their breath because of some form of illness. I’m frustrated to see my doctor as regular as my nursery class and it pains me to know that I have to endure everything right now.


Not that I haven’t learned anything. It’s just that I think I’ve been weak for not trying. I was cured from asthma when I was seven but since I haven’t enjoyed the luxuries of playing as a child; except being surrounded with books, papers and pen that brought me to where I am now, I never tried once again to play with anything such as a sport that you have to run or walk a mile or be fast enough to catch the ball because I’ll soon heave my chest to catch a precious breathe.


But now that I’m in my second year of college, I feel the necessity of knowing at least one sport. We’re studying volleyball and whew! I really don’t think I can pass the subject. It’s either I can’t catch the ball, I served wrong, I hit it too fast or I hit it too slow. I don’t even know before that my shoulders were weak since I pretty carry heavy things. Of course that was when after I got myself cured from my asthma. I’m pretty sure some people are laughing at me. That’s the anxiety of someone who hasn’t been into any sport since she was young. The mere fact that I would rather play mind games frustrated me since I thought: what’s the use of sharpening your brains if you cannot act with it?


Really, I’m not a person that you can call to be sporty. But I accept losing wholeheartedly. I’ve said once when someone asked me why I can’t do it even though people teach me “it’s just that I’m willing to learn but not all teachers are willing to teach me”. I don’t speak about teachers with the degree and so on and so forth. Though in part some of them who teach me are. It is that experience that when they see how poor I play; it’s either I’ll be discourage with their attitude towards me or that they would tell me to quit. And then I’ll shrink back and do just that: QUIT.


I’m not very good at everything I do but I try my best to be. I may not be able to learn as easy as a child, but at least I tried. Perfection comes with practice but you only know it through pain. Lesson learned: NEVER QUIT. Because surely, next time would be better.


© 2012 Amata Luna


Author's Note

Amata Luna
revision: for me who never even like to write even if I write. whew!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Some little grammatical errors, but it's amazing how you just flow through with your writing. I had asthma from when I was seven years old. Thus, I know how hard it is to play and stop breathing in the middle of it :/ but I still haven't quit. Love your message in it :) keep it up!!!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Some little grammatical errors, but it's amazing how you just flow through with your writing. I had asthma from when I was seven years old. Thus, I know how hard it is to play and stop breathing in the middle of it :/ but I still haven't quit. Love your message in it :) keep it up!!!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like it :). Just need to correct the grammar, but I love the lesson about practice makes perfect. Even if it will never be perfect, it will be better.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

486 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 5, 2012
Last Updated on January 9, 2012
Tags: sports, personal, exprience, education
Previous Versions

Author

Amata Luna
Amata Luna

About
I write when something brings me to it. I write when somebody pushes me into it. I write when things are sad and when things are not. I write when I'm inspired. To inspire, I write. To share is to wri.. more..

Writing
promise promise

A Poem by Amata Luna