Chapter I - A Dream

Chapter I - A Dream

A Chapter by Amata Luna
"

Just a random plot that never came off my mind. :)

"

T

he loud shouts are apparent. The bombs have shattered everything within the reach of their filters. The gunshots have been deafening; but for a sigh I silently prayed… Silently wishing that he is okay.


I felt my heart. Still it’s beating. So long as I can remember the words he told me, I’ll stay safe. I said to myself. I closed my eyes and remembered his face that I have loved so much. His always tousled brown hair. His manly face. His mouth curved into a smile and most of all, his eyes… his eyes are like the fresh leaves. Fresh green and captivating to look at without you even tiring. Before, I thought he won’t notice me. But he did. I can’t help it. I don’t deserve the love I need but he insisted on it, and I realized I need being loved more than ever before.


Now, I don’t know if I should have let things happen. I’m too terrified. Not for myself though but to the one who have given almost everything in him just to protect me and see me safe from any harm. Here I am… again. Thinking. Grasping whatever may. Trying to escape with anything. Leave everything but him.


--- --- --- --- --- --- ---


Promise me you won’t go away from here…” he said whispering in my ear.


“I promise” I agreed reluctantly.


I can feel his hands feeling mine. His hands are never cold. It always gave me the warmth I always need. I can hear the gunshots now. The shouts. The bombs. I can hear them all. And I can feel the coldness that seems to grip my heart little by little.


I felt his hands touch the side of my face. It seems like he wants to take away the coldness there by touching me. I’ve never given him the liberty besides holding my hands. He respected me that much. He abided by the rules. He never broke any one of them. He was always the man I can sleep with without actually sleeping on his other side of the bed; though we never really did it. I love him more for that.


Now I think it’s the very time I break away my top rule. I need to know he’s still with me. I need to know he’ll be with me. With trembling hands, I held his face. He was taller than me so he has to lean down and I have to look up to him.


“Promise me then” I began, “that you’ll never leave me. Stay with me. Whatever happens, promise me that you’ll go back. You’ll return to me. Please… return to me…”


Unconsciously, tears began pouring down my face. I don’t know how it happened. Maybe I was subconsciously giving him the message but I just felt his lips into mine. Gently. Gently kissing me. And it was the greatest thing I’ve ever felt in my life.  After releasing his hold on me, he hugged me tightly. I can feel his power emanating from his body but he’s as gentle as ever.


“I promise that after this we would get married. We’ll have children. I’ll get a new job. We’ll buy a new house. You love cats right? I’ll bring you lots of them. I’ll never leave you Andie. Never will I break your heart. I’ll break mine first. I promise you. I promise…”


Then he was gone. Just like that.


--- --- --- --- --- --- ---


N

ow I’m here, hiding. Waiting for the time that those gunshots will end. That bombs will leave its peace and that shouts will no longer be heard.  After waiting for such time, I left the place where I’m hiding. Smoke still filter the air and the smell of gunpowder is so evident that it scorches my nostrils. I can never imagine war like this. I’ve only seen them in the movies. And now I’m part of that grandeur. A mere gal waiting for his knight to run into her and save her from devastation.


I looked around for him. No man has been left standing. All were down; some were wounded while others have already died. The stench of blood crept into my nostrils. My heart beat faster than what it used to be. My stomach turned upside into a knot that I myself can’t contain. I was terrified. Afraid… then I heard that faint sound.


“Andie…”


It was like the air whispering its lullaby. And I turned. He was half sitting and half lying in a corner. His back on the wall. He was drenched in blood. I ran into him and literally flung myself against him. Afraid to hurt him more, I clasped his face into mine and looked him into the eyes. They were the same greens I’ve always remembered. More alive than before. He tried to speak but I shushed him with my finger on his lips. He kissed me instead. I can taste the blood and the saltiness of his tears. I have long since dreaded the time that I’ll be left once again. He stopped kissing me and did all his best to speak.


“I promise you…”


I nodded at him. Tears kept pouring down my face. He wiped them away. Never will I find a man as sweet, gentle and as caring as him. I smiled despite my tears. I know he’s not going to leave me. Soon and somehow, I know he’s going to make it. I know he will.


 

I

 woke in the middle of the night, panting and gasping. I was bathed in sweat. It was a dream. The same dream over and over again. It was a dream that has haunted me for years. A dream which end has always been a sad one. A grievous dream that has left me without the life I’ve always held on for so long. A dream just the same.


But deep inside I know, it has never been a dream



© 2012 Amata Luna


Author's Note

Amata Luna
Sorry for some grammar errors. This is a plot that has always came into my mind. I hope you'll understand the story somehow. I think that's because I've been into action movies so much. :) Word counts up to 1005. Thank you for all the ones who'll take time to read and review it. I'd really love to hear your mind about this one. Again, thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, fantastic introduction to a story. Pulled me right in. It had a distinct style, and instant conflict, which is always nice. Great work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful. I think this was a brilliant story, well written and captivating. I don't think you need any more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


loved it i wish there was more

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow. So much emotion. Not just love and longing but also being mixed up and spun around and scared. I love this character, she is very relate-able and rather lovely. Wonderful job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


good write. it is captivating love story

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Holy cow, that was amazing. I was captivated by the words. You did a friggen fantastic job with this, really.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

..it drove me back away from reality to fantasy
...=]

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 16, 2012
Last Updated on May 4, 2012
Tags: war, love, dreams


Author

Amata Luna
Amata Luna

About
I write when something brings me to it. I write when somebody pushes me into it. I write when things are sad and when things are not. I write when I'm inspired. To inspire, I write. To share is to wri.. more..

Writing
promise promise

A Poem by Amata Luna