True Love Waits

True Love Waits

A Poem by Amaunet

Every child upon the Earth, longs to have true love.  It's a yearning deep within, like the stormy sea.

 

They long for comfort, peace, and cheer; found only in heart.

 

They await so patiently, to graps ahold of love, that they pray for the day when they shall be complete.

 

I urge you now to continue to wait, and not give up too soon.

 

The Lord upon his Emerald THrone is but a glimspe away, and waits to hear your voice ring on high.

 

He will, one day, bring you love like none yet upon the Earth.

 

He only asks that you wait for him, upon your dreamer's throne, and to hear your prayers said.

 

I leave you now, with one last thouht, to pass away the fear.

 

That God in all his glorious majesty, wants only for your joy, to hear your voice and see your face.

© 2008 Amaunet


Author's Note

Amaunet
I wrote this for an assignment I had, the date was November 16, 1998. It's not all that great, but I've always thought it interesting to see exactly how a writer has progressed through the passing years. So, while this poem is not so great, and is written from the innocence of a child yet to be hurt, the child I once was, please be kind with your reviews - if you choose to leave any.
Thanks,
Heather

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice :) I think it's very good; to me it seems like you were (are?) a very Religious person which is fine. Some poems about the Lord are always welcome and most of them are beautifully written.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 28, 2008

Author

Amaunet
Amaunet

OK



About
35/f A lover of both reading and writing, i spend most of my free time doing one or the other. Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quizzes I'm open to sharing ideas, and welcome the chance to better my wri.. more..

Writing
Friends Friends

A Poem by Amaunet


Loves prayer Loves prayer

A Poem by Amaunet