Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Stewart
"

The protagonist adapts to his brief rise to popularity in school and finds some evidence boxes at home that his father brought home.

"

Day 2

 

Yesterday was rough. Rougher than most days. The town is still in over their heads with finding this animal who killed the couple, and I don’t think they’ll ever find it--or me. In my last entry, I told you, Journal, that I think I did it. I’m keeping you around for the fact of recording my own investigation and my own notes in order to figure out if it was really me.


So the high school I go to has changed dramatically over the two days. Such a short time and things have done a complete flip.


Students are making a club, like an after school one. They’re calling it the “Hunter’s Club”, and the first meeting is this afternoon. One of the leaders, Brian, invited me to join. That is the other thing that has flipped. A few weeks ago, I went on a camping trip with my uncle. Weird things happened in the woods, and I can’t really explain too much as to what it was. I think I blacked out. All I know is that when I came back to school, everyone saw me. They actually saw me!


I wasn’t a ghost. No one ever paid a bit of attention to me. Everyone bumped into me in the hallway, refusing to move, or made me the last pick in physical education. To them, I was just another nerd, a geek, a nobody.

But that all changed. Now, even a few girls try talking to me now and then. Maybe everyone caught this air-borne disease while I was away. But I’m not complaining.


Anyway, Journal, my dad--Sheriff--left some of the boxes for the case home, and went to retrieve more from the office. This one is big, and getting bigger. They have already tried digging into the victim’s pasts and present lives, as well as examining the grounds where they were killed.


A piece of paper on the top of the file is filled with words, but the two that stick out to me the most is “dog print”, “massive size”, “abnormally quick”.


They could tell all that from that one print?



© 2014 Stewart


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another suspenseful journal post

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 10, 2014
Last Updated on August 10, 2014
Tags: next, moon, short, story


Author

Stewart
Stewart

Milton, NY



About
Hey! My name is (as you probably guessed) Stewart. I'm an aspiring author/writer/game designer. There is a lot to do in life, and I'm just sitting at my desk trying to make these cool stories and awes.. more..

Writing
Hex Driver Hex Driver

A Book by Stewart


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Stewart