Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Stewart
"

The ending to the first Moon.

"

Day 30 -- Full Moon

 

Tonight is the full moon.


Words can’t--won’t--describe the fear--no, terror--I feel.


Dad says we’re going hunting, now that I have come of age and into my true nature. I’ve caught him with his eyes yellow, his claws extended, and his teeth baring as he walked around the house. Each time, he gave me a disapproving look as my eyes shot to the floor, anywhere but on him. He says this is a gift. For us to be something more than just human is a miracle, something we shouldn’t take lightly.


I still say we’re monsters.


Tonight is the night of ritual, he told me. Yesterday, he sat me down and explained everything. Every detail of the terrible things he has done in the past two months. The first murder of the “Full Moon Killer” was the first time he has killed in this town, but he confessed to killing tons more in other towns further away. “You don’t always hunt where you live. It gets dangerous.”


“How could you do it?”


“Easy. I transform, I allow the wolf to come out. The next step is stalking or preparing the kill, then strike.”

“You make it sound easy, almost normal.”


“It is normal,” he gave me one of those disappointed looks. Dad really expected me to be okay with this discovery, to adapt to the werewolf life, and accept things as they were. Nothing he said made it okay. My father punched the wall. “We’re going out tonight, and I’m not letting you get out of it.”


Time had gone by so quickly. I didn’t want to leave my house, but I didn’t want to stay in it either. The townspeople had set up a neighborhood watch, and with the recent absence from the Sheriff, they had whoever they wanted wherever they wanted. I only knew this because I could see most of the groups from my rooftop, as I spent the day sitting outside on the top of my house and soaking up the sunlight. There was fear of the moonlight now. The people were scattered, but mostly around our house. It was hard to tell if they were just there by coincidence or thinking that either I or my father were the killer. Which I knew now that it was him.

 

Later

 

My dad and I went out. The perfectly round orb called the Moon had stretched into the sky and overtook me. There was no way, with the urges I had, that could suppress the wolf inside. For the years that my father had been using his werewolf side, his abilities as he called it, there was no problem. The image of us transforming was disgusting, disturbing my stomach even more than it had regardless of how I felt.


Our muscles stretched out, bones cracked and sounded as if they were breaking, and for a few, long moments, I was pretty sure my spine and shoulder blades got wider, or broke. I couldn’t tell. Our legs bent in weird ways, then reformed. Our bodies didn’t change into a wolf’s body, it just got bigger and stronger, unnatural, very supernatural. We were stronger than anyone I know, quicker than any runner I knew, and our faces changed into that of a monster. No snout, or wet, black nose.


The groups of people who formed the neighborhood watch had no idea what was leaving our house, had no idea what was coming toward them, hunting them down like a cat and mouse. We stalked them for a few minutes, caught them by surprise. My father took the first kill, like an alpha, snapping one of our neighbor’s heads. I caught a glimpse of an officer that has always hated my dad, so I took him as my first victim of the night.

While the human part of me fought, and I still am disgusted with it, the wolf was way too powerful. It had the strength to overwhelm me in mental and physical methods. He was in complete control.


Journal, I am writing this with my pen as the Moon has clouded over with a thick cloud. When the moonlight comes peeking out, I will have the desire to transform and kill more. My father and I are hiding out in the police station.


The number dead just rang over our local radio station, the overnight guy sounds terrified. The death count is up in the teens, closer to twenty. Many of our neighbors are bitten, dead, or over killed. The town we live in has no clue who it is doing this, but they know it isn’t one person. Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if they knew it wasn’t human.


I’m Dylan Parker, and I’m a werewolf. I’ve joined my father, another werewolf, against my will and started killing people I knew through my father or just by people in my school. Now, the night of this Full Moon has become a massacre. We’re not done.


I’m Dylan Parker. And I cannot wait until this night is over, and this bad dream is done. I can’t wait until I am killed with a silver bullet.



© 2014 Stewart


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
Added on August 10, 2014
Last Updated on August 10, 2014
Tags: moon, next, short, story, ending, finale


Author

Stewart
Stewart

Milton, NY



About
Hey! My name is (as you probably guessed) Stewart. I'm an aspiring author/writer/game designer. There is a lot to do in life, and I'm just sitting at my desk trying to make these cool stories and awes.. more..

Writing
Hex Driver Hex Driver

A Book by Stewart


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Stewart