Chocolate Kiss

Chocolate Kiss

A Chapter by Amber Tasch
"

i thought it was over for a minuet there!

"

  

Chapter ten: Chocolate Kiss

Buttercup was in fact not dead, just bleeding out. She gasped for air as she watched her forgotten friend slaughter her conspirators. She didn't want to remember this as she was dying, so she thought back to a simpler time.

    She was around four years of age in this memory. Her satin blue dress was covered in stains from the sweet grass the she lay in. She was soon accompanied by the prince of cupcakes who was now seven years old. He told her a joke and she laughed until she cried. The recently orphaned Alexander came over and drew a toy sword and said that he would protect Buttercup. The prince drew his own toy sword and met the challenge.

   She shrieked with delight as her friends fought over her. Soon the sun was low and they had to go home. Buttercup didn't want to go though, so they decided to camp out under the stars. The sweet grass was soft under their sleeping bags and the dark night was quiet. Then a guard came hurriedly over. So now the recently orphaned Buttercup was taken away, never to see her friends again. She was too consumed by working a whole land to have fun or be free.

     Free. Dying would set her free, to heaven, she thought. But then she realized how corrupt and awful she had become. she couldn't go to heaven, only hell. She had to go to heaven though. She no longer welcomed death. She needed to fix all that she had done in order to go to heaven. Still selfish but not as bad as everything else she had done.

     "I..I don't...want to die." Buttercup choked. The cherry blood spilled down her cheek from the corner of her mouth. She tried so hard to fight back the coldness that surrounded her. She managed to open her eyes and see the corpses that lay on the ground.

    "I don't want to die!!" She finally screamed and then fell limp as Alexander laid her down. Alexander wouldn't let himself cry, not in front of her. He didn't care if she was dead or not. He was still in her presence. Slowly he stood and picked up his sword once more.

   "I will take down every land that has ever opposed you. I shall burn every land that has joined with the Land of Sweets." He said to Buttercup's spirit. He grabbed a scrap of cloth off of her dress and tucked it into his pocket. He walked through the bloody, disheveled village and into his house. He grabbed a cloak and a map.

    "In my years of experience, I have learned that the Land of Pastry had joined the Land of Sweets. It is there that I shall find your revenge. The prince had a sister who now rules there and it is her who I shall confront." He looked next to himself and saw his own delusional Buttercup who stood next to him so willing to follow. Knowing how little sanity he now had, Alexander set off for the Land of Pastry.

   As he walked toward the gates he bent down and kissed Buttercup's cold, pale lips. He saw fire and smoke all around him for the next mile or so. It was left over from the war that took place only minuets ago until his little rampage. There was a low moan in the bushes beside him. He would have ignored it if not for his imaginary Buttercup demanding him to check it out.

   He bent low next to the bush and saw a person made of butterscotch. There was no hope of saving the poor soul so he killed him swiftly. He noticed that the Land of Pastry was far away and he had no food so he got an idea. He carefully wrapped up the dead body and carried it on his back. If he got hungry he would simply untie it and cut off a little piece of the corpse. Normally this would have bothered him, but Buttercup 2, as he now called her, said it was absolutely normal.

    "Where else do you think our food is supplied from?" She asked him as he took another large bit from the dead soldier.

    "Hey, you're right!" Suddenly it didn't seem so bad. "I should do this next time I need food!"

     So he packed up and he continued to the next village on the outskirts of the Land of Candy.

 

 



© 2011 Amber Tasch


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well then. I think I was a little confused in this chapter, but it was still interesting and I'm still enjoying it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The eating part was kind of weird.....so Buttercup finally got her karma and she died. What a sad death. I have to admit, at some parts this seems a little morbid and, in my opinion, should be rated teen because well, there's blood and lots of killing in these war scenes. None the less, this is an excellent book so far, the details are real, same with the consequences and feelings....I really like it. Well Done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yup, I eat my village mates all the time :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


yeah its totally normal

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
4 Reviews
Added on March 29, 2011
Last Updated on April 16, 2011
Tags: land, candy, blood, cherry, licourice, buttercup, corruption


Author

Amber Tasch
Amber Tasch

Not in one!, RI



About
i would rather draw but my friends wanted me to get one of these look me up at [email protected] more..

Writing
CxR CxR

A Story by Amber Tasch