Toffee Tragedy

Toffee Tragedy

A Chapter by Amber Tasch
"

This is part two of the book!!

"

      

Chapter eleven: Toffee Tragedy

 

Alexander had not calculated how far away the nearest village was. There were approximately three villages between the Land of Candy and the Land of Pastry. He was out of his food source by the time he reached the first village. The gates were large and made of toffee.

    "The accurately named Toffee Town." He murmured to himself.

    "Worst name ever." Buttercup Two told him. Alexander had been calling her Buttercup Two because he knew that she was just a hallucination.

     Alexander pushed the large door and found that it wouldn’t budge, which made sense because he was about one sixteenth of the door's size. A slot in the door opened up and a man made of toffee poked his head out.

     "What’s your business stranger?" He asked.

     "Just passing through good sir!" Alexander called up as he assumed his gentlemanly manners again. The man nodded and opened up the gates. The town inside was not unlike the town that Buttercup's palace was in. The markets were busy and there were many people. He though that he might as well browse as long as he was there.

    He walked up to a cart where a portly woman was selling candied apples.

    "Two for three chocolate coins!!" She was shouting, her voice above that of the other sellers. A slight girl came over and put a large basket of apples on the stand to be sold.

    "Hey," Buttercup 2 whispered in Alexander's ear. "With her we could eat like kings for a week!"

    "I am a king, YOU are a queen." Alexander said aloud. He didn't realize that he was staring right at the portly apple seller.

    "Excuse me?! How dare you joke like that!" She said grabbing him closer and threatening to punch him.

    "Well, I mean that you are beautiful my good woman and I am a king. I wish to bring you to my land to let all see you and feel ashamed of their selves because they are not as beautiful as you."

    Buttercup 2 scoffed. "King? Of what land. Oh no no no! You are not my successor!"

     "Well," the woman blushed. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt, so long as I can bring my slave with me." She gestured to the slight girl made of caramel that had brought the large basket over.

     "Of course my dear!" Alexander said charmingly. "I shall meet you outside the gates on the other side of town tonight. Every moment apart kills me!"

     The woman met him right where he said that he would. From behind her Alexander slashed her fleshy throat sending a fountain of strawberry syrup onto Buttercup 2, though it only passed through her she was very upset. Alexander got to work before anyone could see him. He sliced the body into many small pieces and put them into a large food sack that he had been carrying.

     From the shadows the slight girl made of caramel . She ran over to Alexander and knocked the food bag off of his back and opened it with such force that some pieces of the apple seller fell out. The girl began to eat like an animal. She shoved handful after handful of held old master into her mouth. Alexander admired her spite. He stopped her from eating the whole bag and held her at arms legnth.

   "How, my dear child, would you like to join me?" He asked her.

  The girl simply nodded and wiped her mouth of syrup. She ran to the bushes and pulled out a cloak that was filled with holes and patches used to cover up other holes.

   "You are too nice sometimes Alexander. Buttercup 2 said.

  "Yes," he replied, "I know."

 



© 2011 Amber Tasch


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well then. How weird. But I guess it is making a little more sense now?

Posted 12 Years Ago


This book is becoming stranger by the second, but it is a nice touch since it seems to be getting the attention of many readers ;D Well more excellent describing, though I do have a question. How come all of these princesses and princes are becoming mad? What kind of messed up lives did they have as children to turn like this? O.o Anyways, Well Done and super interesting :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


yes so nice that u let her become a cannibal

Posted 13 Years Ago


cannibalism in a world of candy? nice touch.

Posted 13 Years Ago


nice work! cant wait for the next chapter! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


o wow the craftsmen ship of the chapter is excellent kept me on hooked ^^ very nice

Posted 13 Years Ago


Holy goodness. It's a diabetic's HELL! lol. This was very imaginative. It starts out as one might expect a children's book would, but then obviously takes a very un-child-friendly turn at the end. I thoroughly enjoyed this. Fabulous writing.


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

555 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2011
Last Updated on April 16, 2011
Tags: Land, of, candy, death, princess, sweets, book, sweet, confection, liccourice, strawberry syrup


Author

Amber Tasch
Amber Tasch

Not in one!, RI



About
i would rather draw but my friends wanted me to get one of these look me up at [email protected] more..

Writing
CxR CxR

A Story by Amber Tasch



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..