Women : The Repressed

Women : The Repressed

A Story by Neelam
"

Challenges of women

"
   This world is a futile outgrowth of misogyny , upheld by patriarchal traditions disguised as the religious and cultural order. Those are the vain attempt to contain women inside cocoons of ignorance and darkness. The women are constrained by their fathers , brothers , husbands and sons for eons. A woman is forced to contain the thirst for knowledge and education , forgo desires in order to be accepted in her family and society. Her vagina is the ultimate value for her father to sell her into marriage. Her vagina is the sole property of her husband , which can be "traded" in the face of poverty. Her heart is nonexistent , buried in between the twitches childbirth. Despite the pain and suffering , the religious clerics branded the women as the dwellers of the hell. The religious scriptures have planted the deep suspicion and hatred for women throughout the millennia. She is seen as the agent of perversion and the downfall of man. Her natural sexual urges are suppressed to be subverted into prostitution. Thus a female is there to be used and discarded in the way that pleases the men.

   The males knows well that an unrestrained woman has potential like surging water from a dam , capable of running the world with her electrifying force.The males has always been awed by a female bleeding in between her legs , undergoes excruciating pain to produce a human being. He is perplexed at the ingenuity of the womb endowed by God. How fragile a woman is and yet she is the strongest when faced by uncertainty and threat. She would do just anything to protect her children , family and home. And the men noticed how raw she is ; emotional and spiritually connected to God. She is far capable of expressing herself artistically. Her expressions are unprecedented leadership , far supersedes the finite intellect of the males. A female incapacitated to enjoy esoteric nature of the universe while the males are concerned only of the food , shelter and procreation. She accommodates to the natures' challenges and grows stronger with every passing storm.

  Therefore , the males are insecure psychologically. The females are subjected to repression whenever possible. She is veiled and hidden inside the house , intimidated if she dares to voice against the males. If she broke the rules , she must be stoned , stamped underfoot and crushed so that it serves as lesson for other females. She is seen , not heard. A female is not to dance and sing .....she is unfit to operate machines or to drive a car. Her dignity is constantly threatened by rape and harassment. She is forced to undergo the clitoral clippings and genital mutilation to deprive her the sexual pleasure. She is not free to engage in sex before marriage with the man she loves. A female is there to be the unpaid servant of her husband , sex is demanded from her and she must give up her dreams of seeing herself free and independent. Every single door of liberation is shut for women. Her body belongs to a man , she can't plan her pregnancy or abort it when it taxes her body.

  This is the devilish patriarchy and the women are the passive participants in the oppression. The passive resignation to ill fates helps to perpetuate the tyranny of religious repression of females. It reduces us to mere sexual objects devoid of emotions or reason. They devour our strength by feeding on our feminine frailty. The men justify the domestic violence , rape and persecution by masking their acts by claiming to uphold the sanctity of religion , making the God as the adversary to women. So where can we run for help if every one of our family , and even the God is against us? How we are going to survive this fate as the REPRESSED WOMEN?

  

© 2017 Neelam


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I agree with you. There is a lot of power and thought behind this writing. That being said. Women don't have to give up their dreams of being free and independent. If a man demands sex from his wife he is doing it wrong and the woman needs to find a man who is will to support her just as much as she supports him. That is the only way a true marriage can work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neelam

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the review. Men are failing to view women as the significant half ; the problem lies h.. read more



Reviews

I agree with you. There is a lot of power and thought behind this writing. That being said. Women don't have to give up their dreams of being free and independent. If a man demands sex from his wife he is doing it wrong and the woman needs to find a man who is will to support her just as much as she supports him. That is the only way a true marriage can work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neelam

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the review. Men are failing to view women as the significant half ; the problem lies h.. read more
Sadly as a man, i can't really disagree with your words. Though both Britain and Germany have women running the Government. But i suppose in a worldly view. Women are definitely persecuted.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neelam

6 Years Ago

Thank you. To the men , it seems normal when a woman treated in such way.
Paul Bell

6 Years Ago

But in reality. No women. No man.
Neelam

6 Years Ago

Yes it is the interconnection between the two sexes keeps the world going.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 24, 2017
Last Updated on September 24, 2017
Tags: Feminism, Women's rights

Author

Neelam
Neelam

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia



About
I'm a graduate student of political science , blogger , poet and music lover. more..

Writing
Paradox Paradox

A Story by Neelam


Borderless Borderless

A Poem by Neelam


The Sublime War The Sublime War

A Story by Neelam