Paradox

Paradox

A Story by Neelam
"

This is my struggles against stereotypical society.

"

I could not dictate the fate. It is not in my hands. However I can choose my thoughts wisely to rise from the confusion and delusions. My hopes , fears and dreams acted as block. I saw the reality through the filtered version of life. There is corruption in the world , of which I was unaware. Mulling over the the reason for my depression has eroded my self-esteem and depleted my energy. I didn't recognize the destructive elements inherent in the society that permeates through the environment as negative impact on my life. Discernment was not patented into myself back then.

Demotion was underway to build the gargantuan barriers , which seemed inescapable. I knew there is light at the end of the tunnel , and therefore recollected myself from the vapid numbness. Gathering the signs which would hint at the misleading crux of the societal norm has been the beginning of rational world. I began to perceive the farce interwoven into the social structure and the people who hold them as the ultimate reality. I realized the vanity and shallowness of chasing the goals of chasing fame , money , beauty and power.

In due time , there were objections from the people around me , expressing displeasure at the way I'm leading my life. They were surprised at the freedom i enjoyed due to detachment. And they were envious of the universal energy available to me and the discretion at my disposal. Today ,I ride through the resistance. I become strong by resisting! I would not give in to mediocrity and mental stagnation. I was born to be free!

© 2017 Neelam


Author's Note

Neelam
Originally appeared on https://maniprince.wordpress.com

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on October 10, 2017
Last Updated on October 10, 2017

Author

Neelam
Neelam

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia



About
I'm a graduate student of political science , blogger , poet and music lover. more..

Writing
Borderless Borderless

A Poem by Neelam


The Sublime War The Sublime War

A Story by Neelam