A Fairy Tale

A Fairy Tale

A Story by Amduscia
"

Short story.

"
Reae, the Fairy king of the Winter Palace, was set to reign for 3 years, when the dark Fairy Nezzar, king of the Dark Palace, came to the Royal Palace, and besieged it...

Lord'l, the God of all Fairies, gave Reae, Fairy king of the Winter Palace, into Fairy Nezzars cold hand, with part of the magical vessels of the jewelled Palace of Lord'l; and with a mighty wave of His white-oak wand, Nezzar whisked them off, into the dark land of Nishar, to the Palace of His Fairy god; Rael; the enemy of Lord'l...

Nezzar brought the enchanted vessels into the magical treasure Palace of His god, Rael...

King Lord'l spoke to Ashaz, the Prince of all His Fairies, that He should bring in certain of the Fairy children of Rael, even of the dark seed of the Royal Palace, and of the most noble Fairies; youths in whom was no dark magical blemishes, but well-favoured, and skillful in all Fairy wisdom, and endowed with the knowledge of the most elite Fairies, and understanding the mystical science of Fairy magic, and such as had the ability to fly in Royal Palace; and that He should teach them the enchanted learning and the mysteriously magical language of the Fairies of the Ceans...

King Lord'l appointed for them a daily portion of the Kings magical roses of war, and of the enchanted wine of anger which He drank, and that their magical abilities should be nourished for 3 years; that at its end they should stand before the King...

Now among these were, of the children of the Fairies of the Winter Palace, Nael, Dana, Sael, and Azar.

The Prince of the Fairies gave mystical names to them: to Nael He gave the name of Zael; and to Dana, of Drach; and to Sael, of Esha; and to Azar, of O'Neo...

But the Fairy Nael purposed in His heart that He would not defile Himself with the Kings magical roses of war, nor the enchanted wine or anger which He drank: therefore He requested of Ashaz, the Prince of the Fairies, that He might not defile Himself...

Now King Lord'l made Nael to find kindness and compassion in the sight of the Prince of the Fairies...

The Prince of the Fairies said to Nael, "I fear My Lord the King Lord'l, who has appointed Your magical roses of war for food and Your enchanted wine of anger for drink: for why should He see Your faces worse looking than the youthful Fairies who are of Your Own age? So would You endanger My head with the King"...

Then said Nael to the steward whom the Prince of the Fairies had appointed over Nael, Dana, Sael, and Azar: "Prove Your servants, I beg You, ten days; and let them give Us Loves Pulse to eat, and the enchanted waters of the heart to drink. Then let Our faces be looked on before You, and the faces of the youthful Fairies who eat of the Kings magical roses of war; and as You see, deal with Your servants"...

So Prince Ashaz listened to them in this matter, and proved them ten days...

At the end of ten days their faces appeared fairer, and they were pearled in a fresher flesh, than all the youthful Fairies who ate of the Kings magical roses of war...

So the steward took away their magical roses of war, and the enchanted wine of anger that they should drink, and gave them Loves Pulse...

Now as for these four youthful Fairies, King Lord'l gave them magical knowledge and skill in all enchanted learning and wisdom: and Nael had a mystical understanding in all magical visions and enchanted dreams...

At the end of the days which the King, Lord'l, had appointed for bringing them in, the Prince of the Fairies, Ashaz, brought them in before King Nezzar...

The King talked to them in dark sayings; and among them all was found none like Nael, Dana, Esha, and Azar: therefore stood they before the King...

In every mystical matter of celestial wisdom and magical understanding, concerning which the King inquired of them, He found them 10 times better than all the dark magicians and enchanters who were in all His dark realm...

Nael continued even to the 1st year of the majestic King Cyr, a powerful warlock, whose abilities were unmatched, as far as anyone knew...

In the 2nd year of the evil reign of Nezzar, the dark Fairy King, Nezzar dreamed dreams; and the magical system of His spirit was sorely troubled, and His sleep went from Him...

Then the King Nezzar commanded to call the dark magicians, and the enchanters, and the most powerful sorcerers, and the Fairies of the Ceans, to tell the King His dreams...

So they came in and stood before the King in ancient court, whose floors, walls, and ceiling, were of pure gold. Silver, magical symbols littered the golden floors, walls, and ceiling...

The dark Fairy King hissed unto them in a deep, husky voice, "I have dreamed a dark dream, and the magical properties of My spirit are deeply troubled to know the darkness within the dream"...

Then, as light as the flutter of a few feathers, the Fairies of the Ceans whispered unto Nezzar, the dark King, in the mystical O'Nyrian language, "O dark King, live forever: tell Us, the dark dream, and We will expose the darkness of the dream unto Thee, until it is made as a bright light before Thine eyes"...

The dark King answered the Fairies of the Ceans, in frightless fury, "The dark substance of the dream is but a light, microscopic echo unto Me: if You, O Fairies of the Ceans, do not make known unto Me the darkness hidden deep within the confines of the corners of the dream and its light, all of You, shall be cut in a thousand pieces with the Ruby Athame, and Your shimmering Palaces shall be shattered with the Mjolnir of Thor! But if You show the components of the dream and its dark matter, You shall receive of Me magical gifts and rewards, tending unto a higher magical status and great honour: therefore show Me the darkness and its light"...

They answered the 2nd time, in a nervous whisper, and said, "Let the dark King utter unto Us the dark dream, and We will show the light within its darkness"...

King Nezzar growled in a hushed voice, and answered, "I know of a certainty that You would gain the dark properties of time, because You see the dark matter of the dream has escaped Me. But if You do not make known unto Me the darkness, of which I ask, there is but one dark law set to bar for You; for You have gracefully prepared a blackened, lying tongue, upon My silver platter, and darkened words of corruption, which fall as crumbs from the platter, to speak before Me, until the dark properties of time be changed: therefore tell Me the nocturnal attire of the dark dream, and I shall know that You can show Me its true light"...

The Fairies of the Ceans answered before the dark King, and echoed, "There is not a dark knight in this shadowy realm who can show the Kings dark matter, because no King, no dark lord, nor ruler, has asked such a thing of any magician, or enchanter, or Fairy of the Ceans. It is an exceptionally rare thing that the dark King requires, and there is no other entity who can show it before the dark King, except the dark gods, whose dwelling is not with pearled flesh"...

© 2015 Amduscia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent story.I love fantasy. You did great with all the names in your story as well. I would love to post this on ay site with your permission. It is a new site but I think you will like it. The address is
http://alexdeancook.wix.com/cooksworld-sci-fi
Please check it out and let me know.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Amduscia

8 Years Ago

Hey, Alex. Thanks, Friend. I appreciate it. You may post the story. I'll check the site. Glad You en.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 30, 2015
Last Updated on May 30, 2015

Author

Amduscia
Amduscia

Writing
Holy Hearts Holy Hearts

A Poem by Amduscia


My Demon My Demon

A Poem by Amduscia