My Demon

My Demon

A Poem by Amduscia

The dark deeds, for that dark decree of My Spirit which I do, I know not : for not what I would, those dark deeds, My Spirit does practise; but what I hate, that I do.





But if what I would not, that I do, I consent unto the dark decree that it is good.





So now it is no more I that do it, but the Demon which dwelleth in Me.





For I know that in Me, that is, in My dark heart, dwelleth no good thing : for to will is present with My evil heart, but to do that which is good is not.





For the good which I would, I do not : but the evil sorcery's which I would not, that I practise.





But if what I would not, that I do, it is no more I that do it, but the evil being which dwelleth in Me.





I find then the black heart, that, to Me who would do good, an evil force, embodying the Devil is present.





For I delight in the righteous Law of God after the light within : but I see a different, dark decree in the Spirits of the members of the dark congregation in My Spirit, warring against the Law of the light of My mind, and bringing Me into Spiritual captivity, under the dark decree of the Demon which is in My Spirit.





Evil Spirit that I am! Who shall deliver Me out of the Demonic body of this death?




I thank God through Jesus Christ Our Lord.





So then I of Myself, with the Spirit, indeed, serve the Law of God; but with the blackened flesh of My heart, the dark decree of My Demon.

© 2015 Amduscia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on July 9, 2015
Last Updated on July 9, 2015

Author

Amduscia
Amduscia

Writing
Holy Hearts Holy Hearts

A Poem by Amduscia


Roman Fire Roman Fire

A Poem by Amduscia