The Healing

The Healing

A Screenplay by Amelia

We all have gone or have been going through such a pain, which paused our life, right there, and left our present stuck in the past. And we stayed there, actually nowhere. We watched the world go ahead, tried to move-on but at last found our selves entangled in the threads of past. We try our best to fill the gap, the emptiness in our heart. It may go away for a while but with the slightest breeze from past, one cannot help the tears of memories. So is there a way to get rid of memories of a memorable past? Is it good to stick to the past or try to make a better future?

 

Sometimes what we may lose is not restorable. It is gone. We just think that it was there with us, if we just had known what was to happen, we would never let it go, never. But you never knew, because we are humans. And now that you know, well there is actually nothing much you can do. And then you live with the regrets and covert your soul into a negative energy manufacturer. It is well said by some wise man that the most important time is now, the most important person the one you are with and the most important job is to do good to that person. If we knew the value of present and are ready to accept the future then regret is just a word, it might never mean anything!

 

The first fact is that nothing is build to last forever. Nothing lasts forever, well not in our human world. So the best thing is to accept the situation. Many people hide the reality for themselves. They know it but they don’t believe it. They make up stories, excuses and end up believing on what they want to. They escape into the world of fantasy they created and live in imagination. These people are most prone to psychological disorders. ‘Reality’- a small word, having greatest impacts, and when it crashes with expectations, everything in life lies shattered.

 

Accepting the reality is hard, usually quite painful too. But it’s no good to run away from it, either. It’s best to face it. We should not be afraid of being sad. You can’t value happiness if you have not been through sadness. Do anything that helps to channelize the pain, but never consider self-destructive ideas. They give us physical pain, which to an extent diverts us from the psychological pain one is going though. It’s like fracturing one’s leg to get rid of small bruise!

 

Channelize the pain somehow. Talk about it, cry or let the pain come out slowly from the eyes in loneliness. But as it is said, when life gives you lemons, make sure that you make the best lemonade! Why not channelize it into something constructive? Best people do that, they let it out in the form of all kinds of arts, let that be painting, music, writing etc. Tragedy can make or break a person. The best artists had the worst tragedies in their lives. Yet one more way to channelize it remains, and that is Revenge. It’s quite a destructive one. Revenge is nothing but the confession of pain but in a different language. It should be noted that there is a difference between revenge and justice.

 

It is very important to go through the pain to over-come it. Feel the pain, go through the loss and experience the depression. But don’t just stick to it! It happens that someday we wake up and think that we had enough of this pain and promise over selves to move on. Many a times the promises are broken but that also means that we are putting in an effort to step out from pain. It will definitely take time but if we try, achievement is not a hard goal. And finally life returns back to its track.

 

Who said life is easy? No, it is not! We have to go through quite much but the bigger challenge is to survive happily through the tides of time, for there might be not enough time in one’s life. Nothing but a calm, innovative and broad minded mind can achieve it. Cultivate positive feelings. Like we use happy moments for betterment, I think that bad times provide better opportunities. It’s stupidity to actually not make mistakes. Because if you made mistakes, it means that you tried for something. Be sad, embarrassed or obsessed as they are quite much part of human emotions. But learn the lessons from the mistakes, do it again and again until you succeed. Life is quite small for perfection, but success is not perfection but the closeness to it. 

© 2011 Amelia


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You gave some wise advice. We do need to learn sadness to know happiness. Human nature need many lessons to understand what is important.
"Revenge is nothing but the confession of pain but in a different language. It should be noted that there is a difference between revenge and justice."
Hate and violence bring nothing good to this world. Look what the USA did to Korean, Vietnam and Iraq. We destroyed great cultures for what? Real reason to test weapons and warfare. Thank you for the powerful Blog. You made many strong points.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
RED
I enjoyed reading this! there is a small error in there, 'over selves' should be 'our selves' in the third line. The rest of it is wonderful though,I especially liked the 'fracturing one’s leg to get rid of a small bruise' part. Keep writing, nice stuff :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that's bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they're afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.”---Jim

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You gave some wise advice. We do need to learn sadness to know happiness. Human nature need many lessons to understand what is important.
"Revenge is nothing but the confession of pain but in a different language. It should be noted that there is a difference between revenge and justice."
Hate and violence bring nothing good to this world. Look what the USA did to Korean, Vietnam and Iraq. We destroyed great cultures for what? Real reason to test weapons and warfare. Thank you for the powerful Blog. You made many strong points.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

322 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 24, 2011
Last Updated on May 24, 2011

Author

Amelia
Amelia

Srinagar, India



Writing
A Tribute A Tribute

A Story by Amelia


Nostalgia Nostalgia

A Poem by Amelia