"Why would you pretend to love me and then one day just get up and leave?"

"Why would you pretend to love me and then one day just get up and leave?"

A Chapter by AJadeLion
"

Lia and Ava finally do some talking about their relationship... (all dialogue) (prompt: "Why would you pretend to love me and then one day just get up and leave?")

"

"Why would you pretend to love me and then one day just get up and leave?"

"What do you mean "pretend to be love with you?""

"What do you think I mean? It's exactly what it sounds like!"

"I, I, I don't...know... I did love- I do love you Ava. I never pretended anything about us!"

"Are you sure? Because you sure moved on fast."

"What do you want me to say here? I love Casey. I love Janaye. I love Michaela. I do. I love you, I love you so much. I love you so much sometimes it hurts.But never going to be enough for you, don't you get that? I poured love into you from a place I didn't know-didn't want to reach, but it wasn't enough. So I decided that why, why should I keep giving myself away for someone who could never really love me."

"What do you mean?!? Is this my fault now?"

"I never said it was! I said I love you more than I can explain. I said I was done being nice, and quiet, and sweet, and gentle, and all of those other things that we all know everybody calls me. I was done being your girlfriend some of the time. I was done hiding, done not cuddling and kissing because your family was around. I was done living in a relationship on someone else's terms. I'm not saying that was your fault."

"You thought I didn't love you and so you left?"

"No. I know you loved me. I hope you love me. I thought, I thought once, and god it seems like a long time ago, that maybe we were ready to be in love. I think we were, that we were able to experience first love, but we're too young to hold on to it. I think love is infinite, but I don't think, I don't think that we need to waste our love."

"Why would being together be a waste if we're in love?"

"Because we're not ready, and in all honesty the world probably isn't ready either. We're just 16 Ava, we are supposed to have our hearts broken, we're supposed to fall in love again and again. Maybe we loved too hard, too fast, too much, too bright, but I do know I'm letting love in now, instead of just pushing it out. I know that I love so much, and I love lots of people and I don't know if I have a future with them or I could ever feel the same burn in my soul that I feel for you. But I need to learn to choose, we both do, we need that, and right now, we can't choose each other. We're not ready. I hope, and want a future together, someday, but not right now, not while we can't choose, while we're too young and inexperienced to know love really."

"For what it's worth Lia. I'd choose you every time."

“And I you Ava, I would."

"Someday then? We'll try again?"

"God I hope so, right now I hope we go back to being best friends? I do love you."

"I love you too. From now, until someday."

"'Till someday then."


© 2015 AJadeLion


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
Added on April 17, 2015
Last Updated on April 17, 2015
Tags: break-ups, bisexuality, teenagers, young love, heart break


Author

AJadeLion
AJadeLion

CA



About
18, a Filipino bisexual anxious field hockey player with a love for photography, fashion, sports, and writing " more..

Writing
Crybaby Crybaby

A Poem by AJadeLion


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by AJadeLion