Corona virus to the rescue

Corona virus to the rescue

A Story by America Faarozon
"

The bright side of the coronavirus. The parasitic species that is us. We had to be stopped. We were killing the Earth and we had to be stopped.

"
I am healing. For the first time since my daughter was born 11 months ago I almost feel like a person. My man being home from work has been a good sent. He makes bottles every night and lets me sleep thru the night.
I see more good happening because of the virus every where I look. Not just in my personal world. I see people actually feeling more connected. My neighbors are all taking walks now. And they all are very nice. Maybe it's because they're all lonely and wish they could chat but even a wave from the other side of the road is better than nothing.
I stepped up my game health wise when I first heard about the virus...taking vitamin and buying more vegetable and actually eating them. My daughter is getting so much time with her dad and it's a beautiful thing to watch and sometime I even go for a run by myself. And I love to see the lonely people finally getting to spend more time with their kids. I live seeing kids have the freedom to structure their day and learn the way they want and sometimes even what they want.
I love being able to easily cross the highway next to my house. I like how everyone gives me space. I like people a lot but I like them so much more from 6+ feet away.
I love to hear that hundreds of oil companies are going bankrupt. I'm beginning to have hope that at the very least, maybe the earth won't have any more holes drilled into it. Those rigs looks like monsters raping the Earth and I feel sad for her.
People are noticing that the earth is healing. Guess some of us had to get sick so that the earth could heal. And I guess some of us had to die so that the earth would not have to die. Because the 8 billion of us had become a problem. We were killing the earth. And not only is that rude it's suicidal because where will we live if our planet died. We have no idea how close we were to killing our planet. We were a run away train racing to it's own demise. Our self-destruction was staggering. We had to be stopped. All 8 billion of us financing the distruction of earth. We all said we loved the earth but with friends like us, who needs enemies.
But the enemies of Earth's enemy is Earth's friend. Behold! Corona has come to save her. To save her from us. And each of us makes our sacrifice, for the Earth. Just remember this all for the earth!

That my grandchildren may be raised on this planet, as opposed to an underground bunker or a space station is we are lucky. That they may see the blue skies of earth. We can make that happen. We have to. We have to insist that it happened. We have been behaving like cogs in the machine that is destroying the world. Now something has jammed the gears and I'm glad. Cause I've been depressed about this situation for many years. Ever since I lived next to the old summerland oil field and saw the root beer foam waves and the tar coming up from beneath the rocks. Not til then did I get it. We have to be stopped. Our manic consumption of plastic and gas. We can't keep living the way are living. It took a virus to stop us. All the earthquakes, all the floods, the fires, and typhoons….we didn't get it. We all acted as if the earth was our thing, something we could own. What would you do if I tried to buy a piece of YOUR body? To drill holes in.

We think the earth is not noticing us. Not capable of paying attention. The earth has shown us in an infinite ways that she is very much alive and guys, I think she's noticed. I think she will continue to notice and it would behoove us all to appease her. Earth is watching. she knows. She is gentle and generous but she longs to speak. Like any mother, sometimes she has to be very firm. Tough love.
All in all I think she's been pretty merciful...just ask yourself...what would you do if someone was trying to kill you?



© 2020 America Faarozon


Author's Note

America Faarozon
Ignore error, I wrote this quickly and I don't have time right now to fix them.
Love to hear all comments. Esp mean ones....jk....no really whatever you have to say say it. I want to know what my fellow people are thinking. I see so little of them these days. Whoever you are, wherever you are....I love you. all o you. Even you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on October 4, 2020
Last Updated on October 5, 2020
Tags: Corona virus, covid-19, earth, environmental, oil, save the earth, Ocean, Summerland oil field, post-partum, babies, baby