CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

A Chapter by Mina

The window at the right side of the bed seemed heavily splashed with the alluring rain that slide down the roof .The tumbling  of the drops waked up someone asleep, in the bed next to the window there was girl  who could sense  the earthy scent of the wet ground. Her face was covered with dark brown hair, eyes half closed and half open, and she hurriedly got up when the alarm on her side table buzzed. A voice spoke ''Sutton honey breakfast is ready, I made your favourite peanut butter pancakes''.“Coming “replied Sutton. She hesitantly got out of her bed and rushed to the bathroom to take a shower. When she came out of the shower she felt cold, colder than ever before this was because of Hoelms unusual      the weather was quite cold but as it was the town of Hoelms it couldn’t stay cold forever. Usually the month of December was the coldest month that the town could ever experience. However the rest of year had high temperature boundaries, the summer month could be unassumingly hot.

As Sutton opened her wardrobe she picked a warm choice of clothes and casually got dressed. In a matter of time Sutton move towards her study table   and picked her English essay she had recently finished. She said in an overwhelmingly tone ''ah I'm well nervous .Mr Scott hated me from the very first day”. A confused expression covered her face and before she could think any more of that day, that voice recalled again ‘‘honey breakfast is waiting’’After hearing that, she splendidly moved her feet and steadily ran downstairs the stair case. They weren't widely space; the sound of Sutton’s rushing steps could be easily tracked

At a left turn to the stairs, there was a medium sized kitchen it smelt like a cafe. There was milk split on the floor and there was a women standing in front of the oven, she was tall with blonde hair and blue eyes. The women wore a white button down collar shirt with black woven trousers. Her hair was curled and a brown briefcase was lying on the table with loads of files and paper work. The kitchen looked like a mess  the white tiles surrounding the sink opposite the wooded Abra cooking stove, it was filthy and layers of dust could be easily seen from a far distance. There were two pan cakes lying on the four-chaired dining table, the fridge in front of the table had a A4 piece of paper stacked on to it the paper was filled with loads of writing ,the title on the top of the  page said 'lists of tasks for December’. The women on the right  leaned against the table and started to  sort the messed paper work  that made her anxious .the atmosphere inside the  kitchen looked like a small area stuffed  with a lot of possessions  and  the lights were still  dim just like the day which was  still wet and dark. As Sutton entered the door she accidentally tripped over a pair of black high-heeled shoes. After a moment of silence Sutton said ‘‘Aunt Clara, I almost fell ''. Aunt Clara looked at the door of the kitchen where Sutton was standing for a second she didn’t understand what Sutton meant but after glancing at her shoes she urgently answered in a concerning tone ''oh honey are you okay? I’m such a mess ‘‘.Her eyes dropped in state of embarrassment. ‘aunt Clara'' said Sutton ''hey don’t worry I’m absolutely fine and you should take off, don't  you have your  presentation today'?' in response to Suttons question aunt Clara agilely spoke ''yes I do I was just waiting for you to have your breakfast and to drive you to school .

‘‘You should go I can ride my bike to school ''said Sutton

In an assuring manner aunt Clara said ‘‘sweety are you sure because I can still drive you''

''aunt Clara I’m sure you should run now otherwise you will be late for work, I’ll see you later and yeah the pan cakes are delicious'' .a gaze of appreciation could be easily seen on aunt Clara’s face. She marched towards Sutton and kissed her on her forehead .in a minute of time; Clara winded up her paper work and  took off confidently.

As Sutton was admirably eating her pan cakes she was abruptly disturbed by the fact that she had to talk in front the class today .she always found talking in front of strangers hard. She remembered the incident when she was eleven years old and in primary school. The class was next to the principal’s office, a white board was in the middle of the wall facing towards the children. All the children loved giggling and making fun of others, Sutton could be seen in the corner of a table with five chairs. There were two boys and three girls on that table. As the thought further faded Sutton felt more uneasy. A teacher on the front desk said ''silence I have to make an announcement’ the class calmly settled down and faced the forward eagarly.as the teacher continued

''today' we have some visitors they have come from a different school to see how are we doing’ ‘a chubby boy in the front interrupt asked ‘‘miss why are they here’ ‘the teacher spoke in a rushed manner now. ‘they are here to see  the students and staff of this school and to observe whether this school is doing the best it can''-''now I need you all to be disciplined and respectful-if anyone is unsure about anything just raise your hand and listen patiently when others speak''

No hands were raised up and the class settled in peace.

She stopped thinking about it and looked at her phone and saw the time it was 8am. She got up and took her plate to the sink to wash it up.the kitchen window was still unclear as the day was full of fog .suddenly Sutton realized that she left her jacket upstairs so went to get it.

When she came downstairs she took a look at the room next to her back yard. The room seemed quite well all she could hear was sounds of frequent breathing. For a minute she kept staring at the empty space as she decided to walk into the room, the phone in the living room rang .Sutton rushed to the living room and picked the phone and said ''hello '' all she could hear was static hissing, she spoke again in a attempt to find who is on the other end of the line. However after several attempts she hanged the phone and went to the kitchen to get her bag and drive to school.



© 2013 Mina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on July 15, 2013
Last Updated on July 15, 2013


Author

Mina
Mina

Gravesend, kent, United Kingdom



Writing
By the shore By the shore

A Poem by Mina


Sacred Sacred

A Poem by Mina


Blow Candles Blow Candles

A Poem by Mina