Ch 3

Ch 3

A Chapter by AmongSavages
"

Coincidences?

"

Ch. 3

Amy sobbed into her pillow for what felt like days. Her eyes were dry and itchy, void of moisture. She curled herself into a pathetic ball of sadness, shaking and sniffling.

            The door creaked open slowly, and Amy looked up as the light from the hall filled her room. Lilith stepped in silently and closed the door behind her. She crept up to Amy’s bed and sat down softly.

            “What’s wrong with you,” she whispered.

            Amy looked away and shook her head. “Nothing.”              

            Lilith crossed her arms. “What’s wrong, Amy?” Her voice was sincere, but Amy heard the harsh undertones.

            “Liam’s back.”

            Lilith’s brow furrowed in confusion. “Why are you upset by that? I thought you missed him.”

            Amy sat up, drawing her knees to her chest. “I-I did. It’s just…” Her voice trailed off into a barely audible whisper.

            “Just what, Amy?” Lilith was getting frustrated. Patience was not her strong point.

            “We fought,” she mumbled. “I said something, he got angry, and he brought up things that happened in the past.”

            Lilith sighed and stood up. “You’re not going to tell me what he brought up, are you?”

            Amy shook her head and laid her head on the pillow. Lilith left the room, losing the door behind her.

 

Shawn stepped out of the morgue feeling like a new person. He strode down the sidewalk, smiling as a gut wrenching scream pierced the still night air. The taste of blood was still fresh on his lips, and he loved it. Whatever Amy had done to him was about the best thing that had ever happened to him, but it didn’t mean he wasn’t going to get her back for trying to kill him. All he had to do was find her. He knew exactly where to look.

 

Amy rose slowly, rubbing her puffy eyes. Her hair was a tangled rat’s nest of auburn, and she made no effort to fix it. She stumbled out of bed and walked to the kitchen at a snail’s pace. What was the point of rushing? The food wasn’t going anywhere. As she reached into the cabinet to get a bowl, Amy heard a door close. Ignoring it, she went to the fridge and grabbed her milk, setting it on the counter. She stood on her tiptoes to get the box of cereal from the cabinet above the refrigerator, but a long tan arm grabbed it for her. She turned around and saw the dark haired man from the bathroom floor smiling at her, shirtless.

            “Thanks,” she murmured.

            Amy sat at the table and poured herself a bowl of cereal. Brendon sat in the chair across from where she was and arched a bushy eyebrow.

            “What’s wrong?”

            Amy shook her head and stared at her cereal feeling sick.

            “You can tell me.” He leaned forward slightly. “I won’t tell Lilith.”

            She stared at him for a while, weighing her options. Deciding there was a ninety-seven percent chance that he would tell Lilith, she shook her head and looked back down at her cereal. Brendon watched her for a while before going back into Lilith’s room. Amy left the table not so long after him and dumped her cereal. She showered and left the house, desperate for some alone time.

 

Amy took the long way to the park, winding through numerous curves and turns. She parked her car and walked to the most secluded area in the park. She curled up underneath the canopy of branches and leaves above her head and closed her eyes. Sometime later, she couldn’t tell if it was minutes or hours, she felt a small hand on her shoulder.

            “Are you okay, Miss?”

            Amy looked up to see a little boy, about five years old, staring down at her with large light brown eyes full of concern. She smiled at the child and sat up.

            “Don’t worry about me, kid. I’m fine.”

            Instead of walking away, like she had expected him to do, he sat next to her.

            “What’s your name, miss?”

            “Amy,” she replied softly.

            “Mine’s Billy.”

            Amy’s eyes searched the park looking for a mother in distress, but she saw no one. The park was empty.

            “Billy, where’s your mother?”

            He looked up at her, eyes shining with tears. “She went away,” he whispered. “So did my daddy. My big brother used to take care of me, but I don’t know where he went.”

            Amy drew the little boy into a tight hug and stood up with him in her arms.

            “Come on,” she said softly. “We’re going to go to the police station, okay?”

            Billy nodded and she carried him to the car, driving off after safely securing him in the backseat.

 

The police station was the busiest Amy had ever seen it. She had to push through a group of noisy reporters just to get inside, which was even more crowded. Looking to her right, she saw a pregnant woman in her mid-twenties crying her eyes out and a young man on the verge of a panic attack. Amy clutched Billy tighter to her chest and pushed through the crowd.

            “Stacy,” she yelled above the noise of the crowd. “What the hell happened?”

            The secretary shook her head. “Some nut job tore a hunk out of the coroner’s throat and slashed cut a detective’s neck open. It was a pretty gory scene.” Her forehead creased as if she was forgetting something. “Oh! Then, the freak stole a body. I think it was Shawn Wright’s.”

            Amy’s heart began to pound against her chest. Something about the double did not seem right at all.

            “Who’s the kid?” Stacey pulled Amy back into reality.

            “Oh,” she paused to recollect her thoughts. “He was at the park all alone. His family left him I guess. He says his mom and dad are gone”

            Stacey’s disgusted expression turned to one of sincerity.

            “Poor kid.” She leaned forward. “What’s your name, honey?

            “Billy,” he mumbled. “Billy Wright.”

            Amy stared at the boy for a while and her eyes widened in shock. The hair falling into Billy’s light brown eyes was thin and jet black. His face was still round and chubby with youth, but she could see his high cheek bones and a long, narrow jaw beginning to form. His rosy lips were curved into a nervous smile and Amy nearly dropped him. Billy was the five year old equivalent of her ex-boyfriend and most recent meal, Shawn Wright.


© 2013 AmongSavages


Author's Note

AmongSavages
Constructive Criticisms please

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2461 Views
Added on February 10, 2013
Last Updated on February 11, 2013
Tags: strange, sad, upset, dark, dark romance, fantasy, new character, missing


Author

AmongSavages
AmongSavages

FL



About
A wannabe fashion major who really doesn't think she writes enough at all. more..

Writing