God Bless America

God Bless America

A Poem by A. Amos
"

"

God Bless America

 

World can say, whatever they think

or want, we are born free and ruled

them all, a land blessed by the Lord

our motto is simple, in God we trust

 

We welcome all religions, respect them

believe in equality, humanity we care

provide asylum to those who need

a land chosen by God, to make him proud

 

Our men and women in uniforms are

the bravest from all, we don't forget

enemy we find, even we have to invade

a foreign country, we hunt them down

 

Donations, aids and charities we provide

still those countries treat us like ungrateful wives

we stand with weak, fight most evil enemies

which are barbarians, untamed beasts and freaks

 

Lord be with our leaders, give wisdom to all

let all of us be united, like one strong family

we are proud to be Americans, because

in freedom we believe, God bless America

 

Till there is sun, moon and stars, I pray to God

my flag stay on top, until the end of time let USA

be blessed with Prosperity, one strong united nation

the leader of the world, hear my little prayer my Lord!

 

A. Amos

© 2014 A. Amos


Author's Note

A. Amos
Happy 4th of July

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like that this view is positive. So many people complain about how terrible it is. I am always like, yes no one is perfect and the past was unfair and unkind, but we are moving in the right direction. And look at the rest of the world. There's so much disease, famine, genocide, infanticide, war and poverty! I tell people that we are spoiled. They have no idea what harsh conditions are ad are lucky to not have bombs blowing up innocent homes and kids. Thanks for writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A. Amos

9 Years Ago

Thank you Morgan...



Reviews

I actually worry all the time about how America is doing under the eyes of God. Interesting poem and as Morgan has already said, it's a breath of fresh air to see something positive written about our country. Lately it's been all negative, which is so counter productive to positive reinforcement and change.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A. Amos

9 Years Ago

Thank you Remy...
This reminds me of the HBO show The Newsroom, where when talking about America not being the best country in the world he goes on to say:


"We sure used to be. We stood up for what was right! We fought for moral reasons, we passed and struck down laws for moral reasons. We waged wars on poverty, not poor people. We sacrificed, we cared about our neighbors, we put our money where our mouths were, and we never beat our chest. We built great big things, made ungodly technological advances, explored the universe, cured diseases, and cultivated the world's greatest artists and the world's greatest economy. We reached for the stars, and we acted like men. We aspired to intelligence; we didn't belittle it; it didn't make us feel inferior. We didn't identify ourselves by who we voted for in the last election, and we didn't scare so easy. And we were able to be all these things and do all these things because we were informed. By great men, men who were revered. The first step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one—America is not the greatest country in the world anymore."

This was a great poem.. I love my country, and we The People, have to work to get things done, for the benefit of the people.


Posted 9 Years Ago


A. Amos

9 Years Ago

Thank you ksscampos...
Amurikah! Happy belated 4th. :) Very happy and upbeat. A nice change.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A. Amos

9 Years Ago

Thank you Nikki...
Nikki

9 Years Ago

:) You're welcome hun.
We need more poetry like this!
We live in the greatest country the world has ever seen... Hands down and for a fact. Yes we live in a wonderful world full of fabulous people and amazing cultures cover the globe. Still, the USA, what it stands for and how it has influenced the tide of human progress across the globe if unprecedented.

NO we are not perfect. Far from it...But there is a reason the USA attracts dreamers from every society. They can work to build their dreams here like no other place on the planet.

Yet our current president had the audacity to apologize to the world for how we have behaved in the global theater as a political leader and power for democracy...
We need to regain our national pride and never ever elect officials who do not believe they live in the greatest country on Earth!
Great poem Amos!

Posted 9 Years Ago


A. Amos

9 Years Ago

Thank you David...
Thank you for sharing I enjoyed the read.



Posted 9 Years Ago


A. Amos

9 Years Ago

Thank you Troy...
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ANM
Indeed God bless America a true friend to Great Britain!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


A. Amos

9 Years Ago

Thank you ANM...
ANM

9 Years Ago

You are welcome!
In school we say the Pledge every day and there is not a day that goes by that those words don't mean something profound to me. This is also profound...there are problems yes but that is because we are human and we make mistakes and we cannot always account for greed and apathy. I love the idealism and true emotion that is threaded throughout this piece. God Bless America indeed I say.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A. Amos

9 Years Ago

Thank You my friend, well come back and God bless you too:)
icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you A. It is good to be back. I will be sure to read more of your inspirational and beautiful .. read more
A. Amos

9 Years Ago

Well for me its a blessed day to have you back, as you were always in prayers!
Amos! I love this. Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing this one with us. It touched me deeply. God bless you!

Posted 9 Years Ago


A. Amos

9 Years Ago

Thank you my friend
The only thing that I can really say to this is wow.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A. Amos

9 Years Ago

Thank you my dear!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5284 Views
165 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 4, 2014
Last Updated on October 5, 2014
Tags: America, God, Uniform, Country, Enemies, prayer, trust...

Author

A. Amos
A. Amos

PA



About
A. Amos is a deep thinker with a passion for understanding the mysteries of life, love, and humanity. He has traveled throughout the world and is heavily invested in the personal development of others.. more..

Writing
Downfall Downfall

A Poem by A. Amos


Confide Confide

A Poem by A. Amos



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..